Guess what?!?!?! I'm in Indianapolis!!! I am serving in the Indy 1st ward, and so far its been really great. There was a little surprise for me at transfer meeting though. I told you I would be training, because that is what I was told... President didn't tell me how many I would be training though... I'm in a trio with one sister who has been out for about 6 weeks (sister Farr) and another new sister who got here this week (Sister Knight.) Remember last October when President Monson said sisters could come out at 19, and my first thought was, oh gosh I don't want to have teenagers as companions.... well now I have 2! I think Heavenly Father has a little bit of a sense of humor. My first reaction was... what the heck? I haven't even been out too long, how am I supposed to train 2 new sisters? And its hard too because they are both at different stages of training. So going tracting I don't know how to teach the new one how to do it and help the not as new one do it... but then they just sort of both jumped into it. I am relying on God a lot to help me know what to do, because I really just don't know half the time. The best thing about the trio though is that Sister Farr has already been in the area for the last month and a half, so I wasn't double transferred into a new area. She knew the ward members and the area a little bit, and that made it easier for me.
This area is different because it was closed before Sister Farr got here and there isn't a lot of investigators. Coming from Lafayette where I was teaching at least 2 investigators a day to here where we are lucky to teach 2 a week has been a hard transition. We have found 3 new investigators though since I got here last Wednesday, so we are planning on meeting with them again later this week and I am excitied for them. I do desperately miss all the people I was teaching though. The only thing I could focus on at church this week was all the people in my last ward and wondering who came to church this week, if Sister Guy was having success with her greenie (who is a convert of about a year and a half btw... she is so cool!) The best thing though was a little tender mercy that Heavenly Father gave me in Relief Society. There was a sister there who is in my old ward, she is engaged to a member in the Indy 1st ward so she comes down every other weekend, so when I saw here sitting in my new ward I was just overcome with joy. I think it was a tender mercy because I was so homesick for Lafayette.
My companions are like, really like, cool! Like they are super cute, and like, fun to work with... and like we have a good time together... like....
(hahaha, the joy of working with a 19 year old!) But really, they are both just amazing! Sister Knight is already talking to people at doors, which Sister Stanford will tell you took me at least a few weeks! She doesn't talk that much in lessons yet, but thats to be expected. We have had some really good studies together and I think the three of us will get into a good teaching routine here soon. Its just hard to mix 3 different personalities to teach 1 lesson, and especially when they are both so new... But they are great and I love these girls to pieces! We really get along great!
The ward has been great! The bishop had us over my 2nd night here, and the Ward Mission Leader took us out to dinner on our first night here. They seem to really enjoy the fact that there are sisters serving here, and are just really excited to help us in the work! We had one part member family come to church, and we have an appointment set up with the non member wife later this week, so I'm excited to jump into that! I really am excited for all of the future, but a piece of me just can't let go of Lafayette... and I don't think it ever will.
My new address here is
8515 Red Oak Ct. Apt G
Indianapolis, Indiana 46227.
I don't know how long I will be here, its a possibility I will be here to finish training Sister Knight, but with the way things change with all the new missionaries, I might be out of here soon... so who knows! But I really like it here, and being in this trio has been a lot of fun so far!
Thanks for all the letters and prayers, I love you all so much,
Sister Cordner

0 comments:
Post a Comment