Tuesday, April 16

April 16, 2013

Oh my gosh time flies! We are already on the 6th week of this transfer! I cannot believe it has been so fast! My companions and I are really getting along and I don't want to have to say goodbye to either one of them! (I just asked President if we could all stay here... I doubt it though!) Let me think of some highlights to let you all know about...

We have been teaching Sister Stickles since my first day in Indy! She was a former that we went to visit and we have been teaching her every week since I got here. On Friday she accepted a baptismal date of June 1st! WHAT?! I'm so excited for her. She is going to be amazing, and I can't wait to keep working with her to help her make it! Oh and Sister Hodge is doing amazing at preparing for her date a week from Saturday! We are nervous she will make it because she quit smoking very close to her cut off date. We are just praying and fasting that she won't smoke anymore! Quitting smoking is hard, but she knows the church is true and her desire to be baptized out weighs her addiction, at least that my impression. She is so amazing and I love her so much! Her husband cracks us up because he just makes the funniest comments during our lessons! He always says that he knew that Sister Missionaries were what she needed, and after her meeting with Elders of and on for a year, and us coming in and he accepting a date pretty soon after, I wonder if he is right! Some times sisters can help people that Elders can't, and vice versa of course! This is just one of those times where I am so grateful to be a Sister Missionary in this area at this time so I can continue to help Sister Hodge prepare!!! 

We tract into a TON of people from the country of Berma. They always let us right in to teach them, but because of the language barrier it has been really hard. They are the most prepared people though. The country of Berma is communist and does not allow people to be Christian, so if they are they seek religious refuge in America, and there is a church here for them, hence the reason there are so many around. One family let us in this week and when we taught them about prophets the son translated to the parents and their face just lit up. They said if they spoke our language they would come to our church! Oh how I wish the church would get Book of Mormons in their language (Chin). They are ready for the gospel, and we just have no way to help them right now! 

We had a zone meeting this past week that was really good! Its fun to see all the missionaries around and have bomb training like the one we had! We have another training tomorrow for trainers and trainees, and I'm excited for that because those have always been amazing! And I get to see Sister Guy tomorrow and hear about how all my friends in Lafayette are doing! 

I gave a talk this week in church. I felt impressed to speak on the Restoration, so I basically just taught the first lesson, and then the High Counselmen who spoke with me ALSO talked about the Restoration. I don't know if the congregation will ever realize just how led by the Spirit that Sacrament meeting was, because both of us were asked to talk about whatever we wanted to! The bishop came up to me later to tell me what a great job I did and how he really appreciated it! I guess my public speaking minor and my love for the gospel is shown when I'm asked to speak! I just loved it so much! I love the Gospel so much! I LOVE that Heavenly Father loves us so much that He has brought back the fullness of the Gospel for us to have in these days, and being a person to share that message with Indy is just about the greatest thing in the world! 

Hope everyone has an amazing week! Shout out to Kyle who's birthday is this week and to Skylar who is going to be born this week! Welcome to the world niece number 6! I love you all so much,


Sister Cordner

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...