Sunday, April 7

April1, 2013

There is nothing better than a holiday about our Savior Jesus Christ while being a representative of Him. I can't even begin to tell you what a wonderful week it has been! I'm just going to jump to Easter because it was so wonderful.

Because we have General Conference next week (WHICH I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT) we had fast Sunday this week, and Fast Sunday on Easter was bomb. So many good testimonies on Him. We were a little sad that some of our gators didn't come out, but we did have one there! She is married to a member so we can always count on them being there. Then we taught Gospel Principles class and it was on the Atonement (we didn't even plan it, that was just the week we were on!) Such a good lesson! Then Relief Society was amazing! We got TONS of candy from ward members, five different families came to church with baskets or bags for all three of us! The ward just loves us so much. Walking down the building everyone is so excited to say hi to us and you will hear things they say to their friends like, "Oh it is just so good to see Sisters here!" Its been a LONG time since Sisters were in the Indy 1st ward! So we were nervous going into Easter Sunday because we really didn't want to knock on peoples doors while they were with their families doing church things and try to talk to them about a different church, and we didn't have any solid appointments going into Sunday. But we had texted that part member family I told you about earlier and at church they asked us if we still wanted to come over. So we went and watched Finding Faith in Christ with them. Afterwards Sister Farr bore POWERFUL testimony on the Atonement, and Sister Hodge asked how she knew she was cleansed from sin. So Sister Farr explains how she felt, we asked Brother Hodge how he felt after he got baptized, and I asked Sister Hodge if she desired that. She was crying and said yes. The spirit was so strong and I invited her to follow the example of her Savior and be baptized, and she said yes!!! Oh man, it was one of the best experiences I have had out here. I have invited others before and others have said yes, but her's was just so amazing because she truly understood what was going to come of this. Her husband of course was so excited and started telling her how exciting this was because they could go to the temple together... This is what missionary work is for! These small moments make up for all of the hard moments we go through!!!

We also visited a less active and watched Finding Faith in Christ with her. So powerful! I just love Him so much and I feel closer to Him now than I ever have. People told me all the time that you can have a closer relationship with your Savior, and I never fully understood what that meant until I came out on my mission and learned to rely on Him for so much! He is my everything and I wish every day was Easter! 

Other exciting news... we are going on an exchange with the YSA sisters this week. I am spending a whole day on the IUPUI campus finding YSA people! I can't wait! I want to serve YSA so bad its not even funny! The one time we blitzed Purdue campus was one of my favorite days, so I'm excited to spend another day on a campus! 

This week is FULL of appointments, I almost feel bad when someone wants to see us and we have to schedule it for 5 days in advance, but its just fun to be busy! We are helping a less active paint after conference on Saturday night, I'm pretty excited for that service project! And we play bingo at a retirement house and last week I called out the numbers and all the old people loved me! They were talking to us forever after Bingo, they thought we were so cool! I love being a missionary!!!

This is such a good area, and I love my companions so much! My homesickness for Lafayette is not as bad as it was, even though I still long to know how my investigators are doing there, I have been able to fall in love with Indy, and I'm so glad to be here! I love everything about this work! I love the church! I love being a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ!!!! 

Love, 

Sister Cordner

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...