Monday, June 24

April 29, 3013

How many times has the title of my emails been "Best Week Ever?" It would be interesting to count. Its just that I have so many weeks that are amazing! This week has been weird and hard, but so good at the same time! I have really enjoyed my new position so far, but that doesn't mean its been easy. Calling sisters that have been out longer than I have and telling them that I'm their new leader has been a little hard... I went to my first Mission Leadership Council on Friday. I was in a room with the Assistants and all the Zone Leaders and the three other Sister Trainer Leaders. They had us stand up and introduce ourselves and how long we've been out. All of them have been out more than twice as long as I have. "20 months, this is my last transfer, 18 months, 22..... 7 and a half!" I felt like I needed to include the half to make me sound older. But boy did I feel inadequate at that meeting. My assignment has started. I have four companionships that I'm over, and I have to go on exchanges with each sister, so I have 8 exchanges to conduct. They are going to be done the way District Leaders/Zone Leaders/Assistants conduct the exchange... I have to go in and teach them the whole time and help them with anything they struggle with... Like I said, some are older than me... so that will be interesting. But I made all the assignments of when I'm going so the hardest part is over! Now I just have to go on them! I'm going to be doing about 2 a week! Also I was asked by the Zone Leaders to give the training at our Zone Meeting this Friday, so that will be exciting. My first ever training to be given in front of the whole zone! Baaahhhh..... 

So thats been my new assignment details. Its exciting but scary at the same time! But the really exciting thing this week was the baptism of Sister Hodge! She looked so beautiful and she was so happy. Smiles from ear to ear as she sat in the program waiting to be baptized. And then when she came up out of the water she just hugged her husband and cried. It was the most spiritual baptism I have been to! President and Sister Collins came because they, oddly enough, know the Hodges really well. Brother Hodge was being taught when President Collins came to the mission. Then at a stake conference that President spoke at, Brother Hodge introduced President to Sister Hodge, and asked President if he would marry them right then and there, so President Collins married Brother and Sister Hodge a year ago today! And then on Saturday Sister Hodge got BAPTIZED!!! So President came and spoke about how wonderful they are and how they are now only 365 days away from being sealed in the temple, so a year from today I will be in the temple with my favorite couple watching them make even more covenants with our Father in Heaven! Oh man missionary work is so good!

Sister Stickles came to church again this week and brought her two sons. One of which is our newest progressing investigator. We are pretty sure he will be getting baptized with his mom in June. He is 13 and just really awesome. When we taught him the plan of salvation and how he could be with his mom forever in the Celestial Kingdom he started to cry! And his mom is acting more and more like a member everyday! She fed us twice this week and she talks like a member, she helps us when we teach her children by explaining the doctrine to them, and she talks about her baptism like its going to be the best day of her life, which it will, but its just fun to see them realize it! Oh man oh man, good things are happening in Indy, and I love being a missionary!!!


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...