Monday, June 24

June 17, 2013

This week has been a very.... weird, humbling, out-there, kinda weeks... Not one day was a normal day for me, and as a trainer its hard because I want Sister Mumford to get into a good routine but we just don't have the time. Here is a quick over view of the weird week...

Tuesday we went to District Meeting and then drove to Bloomington to start an exchange. 
Wednesday I brought another sister from Bloomington back to Indy to do another exchange here.
Thursday we had a specialized training on finding, and it was fun because it was 4 zones big, and everyone was there, so I got to see a lot of friends.... unfortunately the friends that were not there are going to Ohio, so I won't see them ever again. Then that training went longer than expected so it pushed the rest of our plans for the day off. At the end of the trianing though we all got to give President Collins and Sister Collins a hug! It doesn't seem like a big deal, but when you spend 9 months with a leader who is just like your dad out here and you can't even hug him, the moment you can hug him becomes a big deal! It was pretty sweet. I'm really sad to see him go, but I still have a leadership meeting to go to this week and he will be there, so I haven't said my goodbyes just yet!
Thursday night we got probably one of the best calls from the AP's ever!!! The Mormon Tabernacle Choir was in town Friday night, and if you could get an investigator to go with you than the mission would give you free tickets and you could go, but we tried all last transfer and couldn't get anyone to commit to going. Anyway, Friday night the AP's called and said there were EXTRA tickets... and asked if we wanted to go!!!! WHAT?! Yes please!!! 
So Friday was a weird day too, we had 3 lessons planned but 2 fell through. When the noon appointment cancelled the member decided to take us out to lunch so that was really fun. Then we had another cancelled appointment so we used that time to take our dinner break because we weren't going to get one later that day, and then at 5:30 some members picked us up and drove us downtown for the concert, so all in all we did like 3 hours of proselyting that day, and 3 hours of study, and the whole day just felt off! But the concert was SO GOOD! I cannot even put into words how good it was. It was a spiritual vacation to say the least. I just let myself listen to the music and the Spirit and not stress about what I had to do for my ward or for the sisters I'm over... and it was so amazing!
Saturday was another weird day because there was an event in downtown called PBS Kids in the Park, and the mission has been helping out for the last 4 years. So we put on these bright green T-Shirts and show up at the park to be crowd control. I thought people being mad at me for sharing the gospel was scary, but getting in the way of a mom and her 10 month old daughter getting to meet Daniel Tiger.... holy cow... SCARY! We had to tell people that the line ended so the character could take a break because the suits they were in were huge and they needed to take them off every 30 minutes to cool down or they would get heat stroke... anyway, we had to be the mean people, and gosh... parents are not nice when they drove all the way here and stood in line forever to see Daniel Tiger! 

Sunday was my favorite day, because I got to take the sacrament, and start my week over. This whole week was just out there and I really just needed a re-start, and thats exactly what Sunday did for me!!! 

Now I have to tell you all about my new best friend. Her name is Naradah, and she has been less active for about 10 years. She had a horrible day about a month ago and drove past the church and decided to park in front of the church and pray. She said in her car she just felt so much peace, and knew she needed to come back. She told her mom and her mom tried to find missionaries to help her (her mom being very active still and has been praying this whole time she would find her way back.) She ended up calling a missionary referral line in SLC and Naradah got a hold of a Temple Square sister who has just been talking to her over the phone. Then the sister pushed her to go to church, so she did, and met some elders in the ward. The Elders in the 3rd ward texted us a few weeks ago and said that they had been working with someone who actually lived in our boundaries  so we had a lesson with them and then we started to meet with her. It has been AMAZING helping her, I cannot even express the love I have for this sister. She is 25 and is totally changing her life. We set up an appointment to meet with our Bishop, and he said she could take the sacrament again!!!!!! This is as exciting as someone deciding to get baptized, the result is the same! Naradah is just doing amazing and she has come with us to lessons to teach other people, and we keep teaching her a couple times a week. I have been asking her about serving a mission and she said she has been thinking about it! Oh my goodness, I just love her and think the world of her, and I think if my whole mission was for me to meet her it would have been worth it! I just love her so much!


Wow this has been a long email! I guess I had a lot to say! I love you all and thank you all for your emails! Attached is a picture of my posterity (my 3 daughters (Sister Knight wasn't there), my 3 granddaughters, and my 1 great-granddaughter), and a picture of me and Sister Stickels at her baptism!!!  And me and the Mo-Tab... no big deal!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...