Monday, June 24

May 20, 2013

I'm not even sure where to start this email... This week was such a blur I don't even know what happened! I think it went something like this...

Tuesday... lessons
Wednesday... lessons
Thursday... taught one lesson and did planning and traveled.
Friday... Seymore, Indiana with the cute Sister Mayberry
Saturday... North Vernon, Indiana with the amazing Sister Bunnell.
Sunday... church, tracting, fireside, more tracting...
Today... normal Preparation Day.

Well... that about does it! 

Haha, jk, I will go into more detail, I know my mom would so not be happy if that was all I emailed this week! But really things here are pretty much same o same o. Sister Stickels is getting so close to her baptism its so exciting! We taught her and her sons about tithing this week. We gave them a little cup of 10 jelly beans and asked us to pay "tithing" on it. They gave us one back and we read the scripture that said they would have blessings poured out that they wouldn't have room to receive them, and then we poured the bag of jelly beans so much so that their little cup wouldn't hold them all! They seemed to like that. And when we committed the mom to pay tithing her answer was, "Of Course!" I just love seeing people so close to baptism that all of the commitments are answered with "Of Course!" At this point she knows its true and will do everything to be in the true church! Oh man its been so fun teaching them! We are nervous for the interview with her 13 year old son, we just hope that he fully understands what we are teaching him enough to pass the interview, that will be done next week, and then they will get baptized week one of next transfer. I'm REALLY hoping I stay in the area because I would just hate to miss that one! Its going to be amazing! 

I had some really neat experiences this week while on exchanges with the other sisters. Being in a leadership position is hard because I feel like I have to be a perfect missionary for the other sisters to look up to me, but what I have realized is that Heavenly Father is really blessing me to be able to know what each sister needs and how I can help them. I had just the coolest experience teaching with a sister who has had a hard time teaching in unity with both of her companions in the past, and we taught together so well. Then we talked about it and she feels like she knows how to follow the Spirit better in lessons. 

The most amazing thing happened this week at church. First of all I have to say that members are amazing. and we could not do missionary work without them! Sister Buckles is just about my most favorite person in the world, and she has helped us out so much! She went to visit our investigators this week when we couldn't, and she invited them to come to church and she gave them a ride. We have been trying to get them to come for months and they always say yes but never do, but they finally came! They had a great time in Sacrament meeting and they said they felt like all the talks were addressed to them! Then we taught gospel principles and we were on the chapter about the restoration, and we did apostasy cups (a visual about the church in Christ's time and how it fell and how it was rebuilt, with new apostles and a prophet and Christ still at the top). They really liked that and asked a lot of questions. We saw her have some "ah-ha" moments as she asked a question and we answered it and others in the class answered it and she covered her mouth with her hands and started to cry. She SO knows its true! That was probably one of the coolest experiences I've had out here! 

We had a missionary fireside last night and the ward asked us to come and pretend to be investigators as the youth came around and taught us. It was a lot of fun to be on the other side of the lessons, and I love seeing the ward get excited for missionary work. The youth can leave so early now, and its just exciting to see them get prepared! 

Well I hope that was enough detail for you! I love being a missionary! I hate to say this... but I've reached my half way point! Its weird to think that there is less ahead of my mission than there is behind it... so weird. 

I love you all! Have a great week, can't wait to hear from ya'll soon! 

Sister Cordner

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...