This week has been a long one. I've been sick for the majority of it and I'm just trying to survive! Tuesday I went to bed thinking I just had really bad allergies, and Wednesday I had a 7 hour long training for leaders, and the whole time I thought I was going to die! Not really, but I was not feeling that good. The training was really good, but like I said, I just felt gross. That night I got home and I had a fever, so that night was a rough one. Then on Thursday we were packed with appointments, so the day went pretty fast, and I didn't have a fever anymore but I still didn't feel to great. Friday though was interesting...
We had Zone Meeting and I gave my first training! I was so nervous but everyone seemed to think I did a good job. It was kind of like teaching Sunday School, but 100 times harder because you are in front of really smart missionaries and you are trying to train them on how to be better missionaries... I wanted them to do a role play, but first I had to role play what I wanted them to do... and let me tell you, teaching investigators isn't hard, but pretending to teach your companion in front of the whole zone is SO SCARY! Especially after I just taught them how to do it, I was afraid I would do it wrong and they would all judge me. Luckily it turned out okay, and if they judged me... well... then oh well!
After the Zone Meeting we went tracting and had an interesting experience. This man would not let us leave his porch and he just kept telling us we were wrong and bad and going to hell... we tried to leave but he just wouldn't let us, and we didn't know how to get out of that situation. Finally Sister Farr just asked if she could bare her testimony, to which he just TORE it apart, and that did it for her... she had a hard time recovering from that one. I just smiled at him the whole time and appreciated him for his opinion and very nicely just told him he can't tell us we are built on lies unless he actually reads the Book of Mormon... but he wouldn't hear any of it. Anyway, that really hurt Sister Farr and its been a tough weekend since then.
That night we drove to Seymour for our first exchange. The assistants gave us mattresses to take with us so we don't have to sleep on the floor. So we get to their parking lot, pull out our suitcases and our mattresses and my purse and my preach my gospel and my notebook and I'm trying to balance all of it when it starts DOWN POURING rain. I can't balance everything and start dropping things left and right and just start running to their appartment. Finally they heard me screaming, "SISTERS!!!" and they came out and helped us. By the time we got to their apartment our mattresses were soaked, so we ended up sleeping on the ground anyway. Not a great way to start my first exchange.
The next day Sister Fullmer and I just totally tore up Seymour. We tracted the entire day, found some AMAZINGLY prepared people, and had a blast doing it. I'm sad that it wasn't my area because I want to teach the people we found so bad! Sister Farr and Sister Fullmer's companion Sister Mayberry also had an awesome day and found an investigator. I love that my role as a missionary not only includes serving the people in my area, but serving the other sisters in the mission! At the end of the exchange Sister Fullmer just said thank you a ton! The assistants said that exchanges can be turning points to missionaries missions. Sometimes just having an amazing day with a leader can remind you that this work is possible and do-able, and I think Sister Fullmer saw that when we were together!
Sunday was great because we had stake conference that was broadcasted from SLC. President Uchtdorf gave an amazing talk and I was very spiritually filled! (But I was still really sick, so I didn't get a ton out of it!) In fact after church I went home and slept for a while before we went out again because I was still so sick, and I still am not feeling that well, but I got some juice today and I am determined to kick this cold and cough so I can get back to working! It drives me crazy being sick on the mission!
Dang... this was a long letter this week! you're welcome! I love you all so much,
Sister Cordner!

0 comments:
Post a Comment