Monday, June 24

June 24, 2013

Well another week in Indy has come and gone! I love it here so much! It hasn't been the best week of my mission, or my life... but it has been a learning and growing one for sure. We aren't teaching anyone right now, except for my best friend Naradah who was less active but isn't really anymore, and the 9 year old daughter of a less active. But other than that we have just been really struggling to find new investigators and to have lessons. Its been kinda a downer to look at my numbers lately, so naturally I was down about that... and then the week just kept getting better (and that was sarcastic...) 

Last Monday after I emailed I got a call from President Collins while I was at Bath and Body Works (Semi-Annual Sale is my best friend). Anyway his voicemail was... Sister Cordner, please call me back when you can! My heart sunk... why would President Collins be calling. When I called him back he goes on to explain to me how the mission is splitting in a few weeks (which I knew) and how there was currently a sister who was waiting to get her Visa in one of the wards that was going to the new mission, and how Salt Lake didn't want that to happen. So his words were... "Will you take her?" Of course I said yes, but I had no idea what was all happening. So I am now, once again, in a trio training two brand new missionaries. One of whom needs to learn Portuguese,  so instead of 3 hours inside to study, we have 4! Thats a long time of being inside... I just loved last transfer where at 10:00 Sister Farr and I could leave the apartment and work hard all day long. I don't have that luxury when you are training a language missionary. We are going to be inside until about 1:00 each day... and then go to work! Holy cow thats a lot of inside time. 

We didn't actually pick up Sister Wear until Friday, but all week it was something I was stressing about. How am I supposed to go on exchanges with a trio? I've been doing a lot of work trying to figure everything out. We had an exchange on Tuesday in tiny North Vernon Indiana. That day was okay. Then on Wednesday I was excited because it was the only full day I had in my area to work with my companion, and the day starts off just great, but on our way to help an investigator move we pulled into a gas station to get some water and a car backed into us right on the passenger side. I knew it was only a matter of time before I would be in a car accident on my mission, both Angell and Kyle were in some sort of accident... but I was not ready for what was to come. The accident wasn't that bad and nobody got hurt, but spiritually and emotionally it threw me off. Our mission President's wife told us to go inside (which bummed me out again because all I want to do is work) and to rest. I just went in and cried, a lot! Then on Thursday after District Meeting the District Leader gave Sister Mumford a blessing because she wasn't feeling to good (you know, because a car basically ran into her!) and I got a blessing of comfort. Then we got our apartment ready for our new companion, did weekly planning, and then had a meeting with our ward mission leader. Another day of not really doing the work that I love. 

Friday we went to the mission home for a Mission Leadership Council. This was really a sad one because it is President and Sister Collins last week. I was not ready to say goodbye to them. They are some of my favorite people in my life and saying goodbye was hard. We went to lunch at a Chinese Buffet and the Collins sat by us sisters. It was a great way to spend the lunch break! I love them so much! Then after the meeting we picked up our little visa waiter, Sister Ware. She is super cute and is from Kentucky (only 3 hours away from our area). She is also 19 (as all of my companions have been since the announcement) and she is just a little ball of fun! We all get along really well, but I still have to remind them sometimes that we are missionaries and not teenage girls! Even though they are... 

Saturday was good because I was on an exchange with one of my favorite sisters, and it was in my area, so it was nice to work in my own area and to work with someone who knew what she was doing! 

Sunday was the greatest because Naradah took the Sacrament. She asked for my Preach My Gospel and wrote her name under the place for names of people Baptized. She calls me her missionary and says she couldn't have done it without me! She is now preparing herself to go on a mission, and will probably be going threw the temple about the time I am just getting home. She is actually planning a trip to go to Utah next February because both Elder Davis (the Elder she met with before us) and me will be home and she wants us to go to the temple with her! She has been the highlight of my week, and my transfer really! 

This is a long email, sorry! One more thing! The Broadcast yesterday about missionary work was the BEST THING EVER!!! Oh my goodness I am so excited. I saw President and Sister Cleveland in the audience, they will be here on Friday! It will be a weird transition but it is something I am excited for. We have been teaching Sunday School classes the last few weeks on member missionary work, and after that broadcast I am just praying that more members will step it up and that the work will explode! I love it here so much and I love being a representative of my Savior doing the great work that he asks us all to do! I love inviting others to come unto Christ! And I love being a missionary! I am determined to be in a better mood this week because the work is great and the church is true, and I am going to tell EVERYONE!!! 

So yea... long email, sorry! Love you all, 

Sister Cordner

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...