Monday, August 12

July 1, 2013

I am doing so much better than I was last week. No car accident, and we found 3 new investigators, so things are looking up! I'm trying to even remember what happened this week, I think we just stayed busy and worked hard. I did two exchanges, both in Bloomington. I love that city so much! I hope that I get to serve there, but I'm thinking as long as I'm a sister trainer leader I won't be there, its not a good location to be able to exchange with other areas, but who knows! Maybe the new president will decide to spice everything up and switch everything around! I haven't met President Cleveland just yet. I did talk to him on Sunday night. We had a situation occur where we really needed advice from our President, and it was weird to call someone we didn't know, but as we talked with him it felt right. He cares for us and gave us great advice and just really wants to help us. It made me feel good and I am really excited to see him this Friday! 

We have a zone training tomorrow and I get to give a training. I asked the Zone Leaders today how long they wanted me to train for and they said 3 hours! hahaha, sorry Zone Leaders, I'm not about to do your whole training for you! But I have prepared what I think will be a pretty sweet training on the Role of Holy Ghost in Conversion. At least I had a sweet study about it today, if the other missionaries can learn the same things I learned, then it will be successful. If I learned anything from President Collins it was to love the Holy Ghost. He is so much more than a good feeling you have, He is a physical person who is a God, and He can be with us when we are being worthy! How great is the Gift of the Holy Ghost, when you really step back and realize that you have a God with you at all times... its seriously the best!!! Words cannot hold the love I have for Him!

One of the sisters that I went on an exchange with is training two right now, and we had a great talk about it. Its just so funny because she said that everything she has done on her mission I have done, and she just tells me that she always thinks, "Sister Cordner did it... so I can too!" She says she always looks up to me and loves me! I have probably only spent a handful of days with this sister between mission wide meetings and a few exchanges, but she just looks up to me so much! We click really well and she is just so cute!!! I just think of all the Sisters I have looked up to on my mission and think its weird that other sisters look at me that way, but its been fun! I love her so much!!!!

The weather hasn't been too bad, its been in the 90s a few days with about 100% humidity... nothing like tracting in that for a good few hours! YUCK! But then it will rain in the evening and cool down to the 70s, so thats nice! 

Mom asked what I do on Sundays. Some are busier than others. We have church from 11:00-2:00, so thats more like 10:30 to 3:30. If we had a meeting in the morning than we go around 9:00, and then we have to make our study up later that day, so we would come home and have lunch, study, maybe teach a lesson and then go to dinner. Yesterday we had time to work so we had a lesson at 3:30 and another one at 5:00, then we tried some potential investigators and got into an old ladies house and taught her for a little bit, then we had to do language study for Sister Ware so we came in at 8:00 and did that then. Mostly Sundays are full with lessons with Less Actives, we don't like to tract on Sundays just because its Sunday, but we will if we have to. Last Sunday we had that world wide mission meeting, and that took up a good chunk of time. Sundays are actually my favorite days! This Sunday I gave a talk, taught Sunday School, and taught combined RS/Priesthood lesson. I think the ward might be a little tired of me! haha!!! It was good though, I loved it!!!

Woah... that was another long letter. Sorry for the depressing one I sent last week, everything is good again and I'm loving it out here! My companions are a handfull but we have fun together! Love you!


Sister Cordner

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...