Monday, August 12

July 8, 2013

I was talking to someone recently and we decided that week 6 is the longest week of the whole transfer. The reason is we start planning for week 6 Thursday of week 5, and it really doesn't feel like Week 6 is over until Wednesday of week 1 when you are at transfers... so really this week is 2 weeks long. But I can do it! 

This past week we did the Finding Fast, we studied finding EVERYDAY, we prayed at least twice a day on top of our regular prayers only that we would find those who are prepared, and on Sunday we fasted that we would find more investigators. This couldn't have been at a better time since we literally had 0 investigators 2 weeks ago... its been pretty rough. But just this week we found 5 new investigators. One of whom the Elders were teaching and he has a baptism date for the end of the month, but he is in our area, so we get to teach him now! His name is Jack and he is Keri's age... well younger because he is going to be a senior this year. He's doing really great and is pretty cool to teach, he kinda just goes with what we teach him and doesn't disagree. Its been nice!!!

I did two more exchanges in Bloomington this week. I have two more to go on this week and then I'm done for the transfer. (this email is taking a long time to write because I'm chatting with Keri....)

We met our new mission president this week. President Cleveland. This is a direct quote from him... "Basketball is kind of a part of baptism." hahahaha, he would say that! He had a great training and everyone seems to love him, including me. I really miss President Collins and I think I always will, but President Cleveland is stepping into his shoes very well. He talked a lot about the colleges in Indiana. He has worked on a lot of college campus's before as a coach, and he has some great ideas. I might have mentioned that putting Sister Training Leaders on campus's would be a great idea... and he kinda agrees! Sister Training Leaders will be together next transfer like Zone Leaders are, which means I will be done training! Its been a long time coming and I'm really excited to work with a sister who knows what she is doing, I'm actually really excited to not be a trainer. As much as I will miss some parts of it, I'm mostly just really excited! I think I will probably be going to a campus soon, I'm crossing my fingers for Purdue just because I love Lafayette so much and I would love to go back, but after all my exchanges in Bloomington I think I would love IU. And there are like 5 other big campus's here that I could go to, so we will see! I'm just really excited for the change my mission is going to take on next week. This has been the hardest transfer of my mission, and I just really want a clean start, new area, new planner, new companion, and new everything! I'm really excited! (Watch now that I said that I'm not getting transfered and I will stay a trainer for another 6 months.... bbbaaaahhhhhhh!!!!) 

I really will miss Indy 1 though, its been a great area and I have loved the people here that I have taught! Sister Stickels fasted this week and was at church with her family and answered questions in RS and Sunday School. You would never guess that she joined the church only a few weeks ago! She is so amazing!!! And Sister Hodge is doing family history work for her next temple trip! She is wonderful too!!! I sure do love the people in Indy!!! 

I'm glad to hear from all of you about your fun 4th of July. Ours was just another day, but we did have a good day nonetheless! I love you all so much, 

Sister Cordner

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...