This has been the best Transfers week ever! I got double transferred into the Carmel Ward. It takes all of Carmel and a little of North Indy. I still live off the 31, but now I have to drive South to see the Skyscrapers instead of driving North. Its such a nice part of town up here. The library I'm in right now is like an airport. No joke. SO FANCY! We have actually been spending a lot of time in Indy because we don't feel like we fit in in Carmel. We need to hit up the Goodwill to get nice Carmel appropriate clothes! haha. But really, its such a great area. We pass the temple site on our way to the church building. The members all seem so great. We have a ward mission leader who is on the ball! (Like all of mine have been, its just great to keep getting great leaders!) We have a sweet set up where we live on the same street as 4 other sets of missionaries, so its fun to see them out and about. We live by the office couple the Baileys, the AP's, and another set of elders and the sisters in another ward live with us. Its been so much fun! I'm with Sister Donaldson who is basically the rockstar missionary that everyone looks up to. When we found out we were going to be together we got so excited, and everyone was saying how we were going to blow Carmel up! We are so excited. We just hit the ground running, met with a ward missionary who gave us the 411 on the ward, and started meeting people. We live right around the corner from the Art District, so we walk down the street and PC people all the time! Its so much easier than knocking on doors, because when people are out and about they are more welcomed to listening to you than if you inturrupt their at home time. We have one SWEET investigator who we have met with or talked to almost every day since we've been here. She just lives down the street from us too, and she is so prepared. Only a matter of time with that one! She couldn't come to church this week because she felt so sick, but she watched HOURS of BYU TV and learned so much! Our lesson with her yesterday was so sweet. Oh my I just love her so much!
We have our exchanges all set up for the transfer. We are over the sisters in the Indy North and Indy West stake, and they are all so close. We don't have to go to their area to blitz, we are able to bring some of them to our area, so I won't be traveling and away from my area twice a week like I was previous. And Sister Donaldson is just a rockstar who I am learning so much from! Its her last transfer and I am determined to make this her BEST TRANSFER EVER! I did it with Sister Stanfrod ( I think) so I can do it again! We have just been working so hard and its so fun to work hard after being a trainer for so long and not being able to work as hard as I wanted to. I just love working!!!
I love the area and the ward and the whole thing. Last transfer was the hardest one of my whole mission, but I can put it aside and focus on how sweet these next 5 will be! I can't wait!!! I love being a missionary!!!
Sister Cordner

0 comments:
Post a Comment