Monday, August 12

August 5, 2013

We met a family last night who has a 3 year old girl and she said she couldn't remember when her birthday was. I told her it was okay because sometimes I forget when my birthday is too... when her mom told her that her birthday was August 12th I got really excited! Guess what?! Thats my birthday too! So now me and her are best friends!!!

My dad asked some questions this week so I thought I would answer them...

What's been going on this week?
Oh you know, missionary work! We have had a busy week with Mission Leadership Council, exchanges with other sisters, and helping other sisters do their weekly planning sessions. We are working with an investigator who has epilepsy and just moved into a new place, and her house hasn't been straightened up yet. We told her that her physical environment affects her spiritual one, so she finally let us come and help her. So we spent an hour a few days helping her get her house straightened up! That was pretty fun! And then the usual, missonary work! We taught a lot of great people this week and are planning on having some more great lessons this week! People in Carmel are just eating this gospel up! I LOVE IT!!!

Are you traveling much?
This sisters that I am over are basically all in the Indy area. We have 2 sets of sisters in Fishers, which is only 15 minutes away from us, we have a set of sisters in Westfield who live with us... so we don't travel a ton for those. We have my last area, Indy 1st, so I went down to South Indy just last week and worked with the sisters there. And then we have sisters in Downtown Indy who are over the Indy YSA branch, and we have sisters in Avon, which is just west of Indy. So I don't travel too much, and actually this week we have 3 exchanges and SIster Donaldson will be going to all of their areas. We just figured out who we should exchange with and then if they should stay in their area, and it just worked out that I stay in Carmel a lot of the time! I'm not complaning though!!!


Do they call the area you work in a zone?
Yes. I'm in the Indy North Zone. Its also the Indy North Stake. The mission is split up into 6 stakes which make up our 6 zones.

How many sisters are in your mission now?
I don't even know anymore! When I got out there was I think 18 of us... but now there is over 40, and we get 10 more next transfer, and we are only losing 1... we will have up to 60 here really soon!

Tell us a bit about your new companion. I know she's on her last transfer, so how did you meet her and become such good friends even before serving together?
Remember WAY back in the day when I was in Lafayette and I had that lesson in Sister Carvers house where I threw up while I was on an exchange... Sister Donaldson was the sister I was with! She trained my MTC companion, so I knew her that way, and then we have gone on 2 exchanges before we became companions. When I was training 2 sisters, she was the only other sister in the mission who was training 2 sisters. I remember President Collins telling me, Sister Cordner... I know what you are doing is hard, not everyone can train two, but Sister Donaldson is doing it, and you are doing it, and I know that you can do it!!! So to have my mission president say I could do what Sister Donaldson was doing was such a compliment, because she is just the greatest missionary (besides my trainer Sister Stanford who was the greatest greatest!!!)

But yea... hope that answers your questions dad! This week has been great! We are totally taking missionary work and twisting everything up. President Cleveland just laid down the law in our last mission leadership council and told us we were changing things. We won't be tracting as much and we will be working with members a lot more. Last night we had two lessons with active members just to help their faith grow and to encourage them to do missionary work. The Lords Work is Hastening, and members need to catch on, or else the whole mission age change lowering is just going to go to waste. With all of the missionaries out here... we need to use them effectively, and President Cleveland thinks that us teaching members is the way to go! So that is what we will do! We had a sweet experience all ready where the 1st counsilor in the bishopric told us about his friend who has gone through a ton of sets of missionaries and never gained a testimony. He needs missionaries who will be bold and loving when extending committments, and he thinks we are the perfect pair to teach him. He is going to be invinting him to hear our lessons in his home this week! Oh I love it when members take an active role!!! FAMILY! You should invite the missionaries over and help them! Don't just give them a name of the neighbor, have the neighbor come to your house when the missionaries come over! Then they can meet and have lessons in your home! There is nothing better than the spirit of sharing the Gospel! I love it so much!!!

This week is going to be kinda crazy. We have 3 exchanges and a zone meeting to prepare for. We will be training on working with members! Kinda cool huh?!?! I just love being a missionary! Have a great week, and I will talk to you all when I am 22!!! Hahaha!
Sister Cordner



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...