Monday, June 24

June 10, 2013

My camera cord isn't working so I can't send pictures of the baptism, but I promise I will make sure it works soon because you just have to see them! Wanda and Andrew got baptized yesterday and it was one of the best days EVER!!! (I say that a lot!) But she was just so happy! She told me at her last lesson how it has been interesting to see how she is changing. Like before she used to not mind swear words but now they bother her, and when things are bad she used to not care but now she turns away from them! She is truly becoming a disciple of Christ! Her baptism was beautiful and she is ready to be an amazing member of Relief Society and to raise her children in the Gospel. Teaching her has been my favorite thing about this area. My first lesson in Indy was with her, and it has been the best 3 months ever! 

Oh yea... and transfers happened this week. Sad day, Sister Farr and Sister Guy both got transfered to areas that will be in the Ohio mission. My whole posterity is ditching out on me. But I got a picture with my posterity for the last time, and it was really cool! I have 4 kids, 3 grandkids, and 1 great-grandkid. I'm a great grandma at 9 months old... how crazy is that?!?!?! hahahaha! But my new companion, I'm sure thats what everyone wants to hear about, she is just AMAZING! I cannot get over how perfect she is for right now in my mission. Her name is Sister Mumford and she is from North Carolina (NOT UTAH!!!) and she is just super cute! She is not scared to talk to people at all and our first lesson that night she got here she was asking inspired questions and bearing testimony. (Those teachers at the MTC sure are amazing... Sister Stanford!!! ;)

But I feel like I'm not really training her to be a missionary but to be a leader, because I just see it in her already. She is going to have to go on 10 exchanges with me in the next 5 weeks, so she will have a lot of experience working with other sisters, and although she won't be the leader, she will be helping me figure out how I can help them, and she is so ready for it! In her interview the first day here they told her she would be a leader because she just has what it takes! Honestly, she is just an answer to prayers and she is just simply amazing! I wake up happy every day because of her!

Having said that, the work is going great! We also had Elders put into the ward, so my area just got half the size, and the Elders are going great. The trainer was just released from being a Zone Leader and he is going home at the end of this transfer, needless to say I'm super intimidated with working with this Elder, but he has great ideas that will really help the ward. I'm just glad because with us being gone so much out of the week there will still be missionaries in the area so Indy can hear the Gospel!!! 

I love this work so much! Reading Elder Cordner's email this week was weird because I think of his mission in Fiji and my mission in Indiana and although its the same (worrying about investigators being able to give up smoking to get baptized) its SO DIFFERENT! All I can say is I'm glad Heavenly Father knows who can take what, and I'm glad there are amazing missionaries like Elder Cordner that can go to crazy places like Fiji! 

Well, I don't have anything else to say, this week is going to go fast! Exchanges the next 2 days, training on Thursday, and a all day service project in downtown Indy on Saturday! I have maybe a day and a half to do work in my own area... so crazy! I love it here so much though! I hate to see the time fly so fast! I love all of you, 

Sister Cordner

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...