When you count time in 6 week increments, its crazy to see how fast the months go. I feel like we just started this transfer and it was April and now May is almost over and the transfer ends this week! Crazy crazy! This week just flew by. Sister Farr and I are so extremely busy that I hardly have time to breath during the day. If we want to make appointments we have to do it for over a week away! We are really hoping they put another set of missionaries in the ward because the work is just exploding and we just can't physically do it all! Its so fun to see how many lessons we teach and people we can see in a week when we aren't even spending the whole week in our area. This week I went on another two exchanges, but one of them I stayed in my area with the super cute Sister Hansen. She is this teeny tiny cheerleader who is blonde and has the sweetest personality of anyone I have ever met. We are counting down the transfers until we can be companions, because we just really hit it off! Then I did an exchange in Bloomington with Sister Howard who is a brand new missionary but acts like she has been out longer than me. I was so impressed with how well she can talk with everyone and how she can follow the Spirit in lessons. It was so fun to be with those sisters this weekend. As stressful and annoying my calling can be sometimes, I sure do love being able to work with all the different sisters in the mission! This week I have a Mission Leadership Council to go to in the Mission Home and I am really looking forward to being there and actually having some leadership expereince under my belt. And I'm excited to help the mission out and really be able to contribute something. The weirdest thing is that this will be the last meeting and transfer with President Collins. His mission is done next month and it will be really sad to see him and Sister Collins leave. I'm excited to meet President Cleavland, but sad to see them go. Bittersweet... but mostly bitter.
Lets see... what crazy things to report from this last week. I hardly remember what happened. I seem to remember being really tired a lot of the time, and being really busy the rest of the time. We had an AMAZING lesson with a couple that I met my first day in Indy back in March. They were nice when we first met and said we could come back, so we did... but her husband was going through some health problems, so we asked if we could help and gave her our number so she could call us. Then last week we decided it was time for us to see them again, and she was just chatting and super friendly. We were bold and basically just told her we had a message that could change her life and asked her if we could come and teach it to her, and she was really open to it! So when we went for the lesson, we were just expecting it to be another restoration lesson. But this was SO MUCH BETTER! We started and she was very interested, and then we got to the best part, the first vision, and Sister Farr said it just so amazingly, and Carol started to cry. She said she just couldn't explain how she was feeling, so we explained it for her that it was the Spirit. Her husband got upset and asked us what we were trying to do, because they did not want to change churches and he was getting mad... we just told him we were here not to take their faith in Christ away but to add to it with restored truth. When we taught about the Book of Mormon he had a lot of questions, and she was just silently crying. She said she would read it, and he seemed a little hestitant. But we just testified and then closed the lesson. At the end he apologized to us for being mad and said that he knows that we know things he doesn't, and he said he would read it too! Oh my gosh it was amazing!!!
Have I mentioned lately how much I love this work! I gave a talk in church yesterday and it was on missionary work and how members can do missionary work! I just can't help but smile when I talk about sharing the Gospel. I know that this is the most important thing to do and I just love being apart of it. This truly has been the best time of my life and I just love it here so much! Indiana is so weird, the weather is up and down like nobodies business and there are thousands of squirrls and geese everywhere... but I wouldn't change a thing! I love Indiana!!!! We visisted our recent convert yesterday and we are already making plans for our reunion after the mish. She wants us to go head to head with her husbands missionaries in some kind of missionary vs. missionary battle because she is postive that 'her' missionaries are the best!!! I just love it!
The Stickles family is SO close to their baptism. They are doing so well and I have just loved teaching them! Their baptism is week 1 of next transfer though, so I might miss it by 3 days, which is really hard to think of but I know that I have done my part in teaching them! I'm just excited to see their progress in the Gospel!
I love this work so much!
Sister Cordner

0 comments:
Post a Comment