Saturday, September 12

Nothing is more important!

Today I had an amazing day. The sister missionary's came by yesterday and told us about a baptism for someone who will be in our ward, and they invited us to come. I told them that I would for sure show up and they asked me to say the opening prayer. I was nervous at first because I couldn't pronounce the persons name who was getting baptised. Bashseas. I figured out how to say it though! Yesterday I also got a call from a girl in my apartment complex who wanted to go but didn't have a way of getting there, and luckily for both of us, I have a car! (THANKS MOM AND DAD!!!) So I went and got her today and we went to the baptism together, and then she ended up giving the closing prayer. There wasn't too many people there, but it was so cool! He was baptised by his roomate and good friend, and when he came up, he said, almost in a tearing voice, "Thank You!" It was so simple, and yet it was so awesome!

After his baptism, Alex, the girl who came with me, asked me what I was going to do next. I told her I was planning on going to to the Rexburg Temple to do baptisms. She had totally planed to do that too, so we went together! It was really busy today, which I really liked. I have gone to the Mesa Temple before and have been in and out in less than an hour. Luckily today I could spend more time there and soak it all in. While I was in the temple, which is gorgeous by the way, they had church magazines to read. I picked up the most recent conference ensign, and read an article by Richard G. Scott about temple worship. He asked the question in his talk, "What is there that is more important than attending and participating in the ordinances of the temple?" While I was sitting in the chapel of the temple, watching the people in front of me go in to the water, I answered his question. Nothing is more important than this right here!

I love that temple, and I love this town. It is truly an answer to my prayers to have ended up here in little 'ol Rexburg! I am so thankful for the church in my life and I am so thankful that I can attend a school that has its focus on the church! I know that the next 4 years are going to be some of the best of my life! :)

1 comments:

nattapatta said...

Tara you are amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...