So for the last week I had the greatest opprotunity to go to Ohio again, by myself, to be with my sister. I love her babies so much, I can't hardly stand being away from them. When we found out at the beginning of August that we couldn't make it to our cousins wedding in Boston, I relized that I don't know when the next time I will see these children. Then I had a horrible week at work, and decidided to stop working 2 weeks earlier than planned. So I was sittting around the house with nothing to do, all my friends had already moved off to college and I still had 2 weeks, so I thought, might as well spend it in Ohio with my sister! It was great!
First thing Anika did was go through my purse to find my iPod. She likes to listen to the Enchanted Soundtrack!
The first day I got there, the girls already remembered me and loved me! We just hung out and had grilled cheese sandwiches, popcorn, and watched some TV. The next day we took a trip o Kritland Ohio! It was so great! The entire way there the girls were sleeping and Angell and I just chatted the whole way! So Awesome! Once we got there we went to the Historic Kirtland site and had a tour from the sister missionarys there (which I decided would be an AWESOME way to spend a mission!!!) Anika was so cute because every time they would say a word she knew, like Church, Missionarys, Kirtland, or Temple, she would get excited and repeat it back to them. I think everyone on the tour payed more attention to her and Avery than they did the sites, oops! It was so awesome, being in the same room where the Word of Wisdom revelation was given, and lots more. The spirit was there the minute you steped on the grounds there. What an awesome place to be.


The ride home was not as quite as the ride there, I had to reach back every 2 minutes to give the baby a goldfish to keep her quite for 30 second intervals... what fun! But it was still a great trip.
The next day we had plans to take the girls shopping. I had still not gotten ready for the day when Angell had to bring lunch to her husband, so I stayed with Anika. Angell was going to get us afterwards and go shopping... but the storms came in. Holy Cow can it rain in Columbus! Angell had been gone for a while, and Anika and I were just hanging out, and the power went off. On the inside I was freaking out, but had to Anika calm. So everytime we heard thunder we would mimik it... "BOOM BOOM" Needless to say Angell and I didn't go shopping that day!
But that night Angell didn't know what to make for dinner since we were going to have chicken but it hadn't been cold for 4 hours when the power was off, so we went to Red Robin that night! YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM...... haha
The next day Angell and Sean had a meeting in the morning, a baptism in the afternoon, and a temple trip that night, so I got to babysit all day long! It was the best. I made them sandwiches, and for dinner we had spaghetti. We watched Toy Story and a Bugs Life. We played tea party with everyone, ya know.... puppy, bear, pooh bear, other puppy... When I gave Anika crackers for a snack, she put a cracker on each different animal, she is so cute!
When they got home from the temple, Angell took me shopping. We went to the mall and went to a store there called H and M. Angell said it was the only place she shopped in Germany. It was awesome, I bought 3 shirts, 2 pants, 2 scarfs, and 1 jacket! I loved it!
The next day was Sunday, and Angell and Sean have a calling in the Nursery... and let me tell ya, it made me miss my crazy 5 year olds. These children were off the wall crazy! Longest 2 hours of church EVER!!! But it was fun! (kinda)
Before I knew it the trip was over. Well, kinda! Angell didn't have anything to do for the next 2 weeks, so she came home with me, and is hanging out here! We sure do love our daddys job!
I leave on Sunday for Idaho, and until then I can hang out with the babies all day long! I love my family! I sure am going to miss everyone!!!

1 comments:
So Tara. You mentioned everything about the trip except for the 12 games of Settlers that we played. Why?
Post a Comment