Wednesday, August 24

Pink

I was going to write a blog post about how much fun I had yesterday with Tamazine! How I got off work early, went to Rigby Lake with her, went to Costa Vida, and then went and saw Kung Fu Panda 2. Then I was going to talk all about how funny that movie was... That was before I became tortured by what I used to think was my dear friend... the color PINK!!!

Today I woke up with a real nasty case of Pink Eye. You see, I got new contacts recently, and they bug me more than my usual contacts. So yesterday when my eyes were itchy, I just blamed it on the contacts. Then when I took my contacts out later that night and my eyes were still itchy and now read, I blamed that on "allergies." But then this morning when my eye wouldn't open, and then when it did and it was still red, goopy, and hurt like heck... I decided to stop blaming the wrong things. It was Pink Eye. And I knew it.

I called my office and told them I couldn't come into work today, but that I was still coming in. I got an appointment early in the morning and the doctor told me I had a really bad case. I was like, ya, I know that!!! He gave me some drops, which I took at approximately 9;30, 12:30, 3:30, 6:30, and just now at 10:00. ( i was a little big late on that last one!) I have to take these drops for the next five days! I was told that I won't be contagious after 12 hours though. But for that 12 hours, I kinda put myself on lockdown. I stayed in my room ALL DAY LONG! Except for 2 exceptions. 1. Go to the doctors. 2. Answer the door for Jimmy Johns. Other than that I was in my PJs in my bed alternating between Hulu and Netflix watching different things. In the end, I watched mostly Melissa and Joey and The Big Bang Theory. I'm not making much progress in Prison Break because this season is still making me mad. I would have read the book that I checked out yesterday, but my glasses are about 3 prescriptions ago, and it is kind of hard to read things with them on. Not to mention one eye glued shut all day makes it hard to read too! Hopefully I will be able to see soon, because I kind of like the book I'm reading!

Also... my skin is still really pink from my vacation! I used to like the color pink... but it has taken over too much of me, and I think its about time I find a new favorite color. One that doesn't involve gross eye infections or skin burns!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...