Sunday, August 28

Goals


First I want to start this blog by showing everyone what was on my facebook wall yesterday...



That was from my old roommate Bri, basically one of the greatest people you will ever meet! I just thought this was super funny and felt like more people should see it! She's the best!


Okay, now for the real reason I'm blogging. I have always been the kind of person making goals for myself. But I'm not really the best at keeping my goals. When I was in YW, they rewarded me for the goals that I finished. So I decided that I should do the same sort of thing. Yesterday I bought a calendar and some stickers. I have decided that each sticker is going to represent one of my new goals. Every day that I do said goal, I will reward myself with a sticker. At the end of the month I will be able to see how many stickers I got in total! I'm actually quite thrilled about this new idea! I'm not going to go into detail on each goal I have, because some of them are a little personal, but I can tell you one of them is working out! I need to get back in the hang of it so bad! I have been known in the past to be really good at it, and then something happens and I lose my rhythm, and it is so hard for me to get back in the swing of things. I am re-starting tomorrow! (Ok how many times have I said that before!) But really, I have my stickers, and I am determined to get one each day! Also there is a program at my school called the Biggest Winner. Its run by students, and students can join it. I wanted to do it a while ago, but my body fat percentile was 2 less than the required amount. I'm not sure what I'm at now, but I have gained weight, so I'm thinking I should be good! Hopefully if I get into that, I will be working out a lot next semester! If not, I have some back up ideas, like working out with my dear roommates in the mornings!

I had an eye opening experience while I was sick with pink eye! (Eye opening... Pink eye.... Its a pun!) -if you don't find that funny, it may be that you are on the outside of an inside joke, sorry! Anyway, I was watching Say Yes to the Dress. One girl on the show was a little bigger than the average girl. She found her perfect dress, but they didn't have it in her size. Then she found another dress she loved, but it cost an additional $1600 to make it in her size! I am not going to be the bride who can't find a dress or have to pay so much more for my size!!! Also on that show an episode later, there was this tiny little 23 year old looking for her dress. Her mom wanted her to have a more fitting dress to show off her new figure. This girl went from 200 lbs to about 130 by working out and eating right! If she can do it... SO CAN I!!! Hence the goal calendar idea!

The hardest thing for me won't be the working out... it will be the eating right! I eat out WAY too much, my roommates will attest to that, and I love to buy myself treats! Both of those need to stop like... now! Its going to be very hard for me, but I am determined to lose the weight!!! Feel free to be my support system! If you know of a good healthy food I can easily make, email me! If you know of a great work-out routine that you love, put it on my facebook! If you just want to send me words of advice, text me! I am totally available and want to hear everything you have to say!

So here is to me and my goals! I hope I can read this post in a few months and say, yup... that worked out GREAT!!!

1 comments:

nattapatta said...

I love this! I am trying to lose the baby weight, but its so hard to stay motivated. We just have to think about how good we will feel if we keep it up! Good Luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...