My roommate called me a social butterfly as I came home the other night. I haven't ever been called that in my whole life! Right when I was about to start college I saw a little thing online. It said: Social Life, Good Grades, Adequate Sleep. Choose 2 and Welcome to College. And boy is that the truth! I could never balance having good grades with a good amount of sleep AND a social life.... so for the past 2 years, I didn't have one! There was about two semesters that I had super social roommates and therefore felt like I was being social by sometimes participating with them... This semester has so been SO DIFFERENT!!! All I have going on for me right now is work from 8-5. When I come home I'm free until 8 the next morning! That means I have time for a social life!
Monday I went to FHE and met a lot of new people! Then these guys came over that evening and I stayed up playing games with them until almost curfew.
Tuesday I went to my dear friend Jessica's apartment with Aubrey and Lauren and played games with them!
Wednesday I went to Costa Vida with Rianne, and then my friend from the summer came over and talked with me.
Thursday I went to Idaho Falls with my summer roommates Jordan and Rhiannon and we had dinner at The Olive Garden, then we saw a movie at the cheap theater.
Friday I went over to Aubrey and Laurens and started a movie night, and then got interrupted when Brooks came over, and ended up sitting outside and talking for a good couple of hours. (Oh, and I saw Doug Gillette which was super weird, because he looks JUST like I remember Aaron looking, but he was with a group of guys I didn't know and Dallin was no where to be seen!)
Today I went and saw Lion King in 3D, and it was AMAZING!!! And no I didn't cry, I just got something in my eye when Mufasa died. That movie is just so good! I just love Disney!!!
I have thought of a thousand things I could have been blogging about during the week, like how I left my apartment and was back in 6 minutes with Taco Bell, or like how I am going to go to England to husband hunt one day because I'm in love with their accents, or how I'm going crazy at work and how maybe being an Healthcare Administrator will be harder than I thought, or how I'm meeting Henry J. Eyring on Tuesday to tell him about my new position at the Health Center, or how I am in a boy-hating mood because I may or may not have gotten my heartbroken earlier this week! But I never found the time to blog about all of that amongst the busy-ness that is my life! All in all, I have loved the first week of this semester. I have been sad a couple of times, but I have been happier a few more times than that! I have been stressed a couple of times, but I have had fun a few more times than that! I have great roommates, and from what I can tell a great ward! I'm really looking forward to this semester!
P.S, this blog was not to boast or brag about all the friends that I have, merely to remind myself that I know how to be social... and I hope I did not just jinx myself by saying that!!!
P.S.S. The only thing I haven't liked so far about this week was the lack of Tamazine time I have had. She is my roommate and my favorite person right now. But she works each evening from 5 to close, and so I rarely see her! I just hope someday she will stop working all together and will play with me more often!
P.S.S.S. She just told me that my outfit matched my computer! That was a very nice thing for her to say!
P.S.S.S.S My camera is still dead and I have not bought another one yet, so I have no pictures to share. One day that will be fixed!
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment