Last night I went to David Archuleta's My Kind of Christmas Tour!!! I kept saying it would be the 6th best night of my life since this was the 6th time I would seeing him perform, but I would have to say that last night was either top 1 or 2! It was such a good concert! I loved EVERYTHING!!! First of all, I love it when guys dress well. Some of my favorites are when guys wear long sleeve shirts that are rolled up, and when a guy can pull of a scarf and not look silly! First half of the show David was wearing blackish pants with a white (kinda church) shirt (that was rolled up!!!) with a long black skinny tie and a gray vest. Then the second half he came out in maroon pants and a black jacket with a grey scarf! He looked so good!!! Oh and his hair is the perfect length right now, sometimes he cuts it and it makes me sad, but right now it is PERFECT!
K, so the music part of the concert! He came out singing Sleigh Ride. Then he sang Melodies of Christmas so I called Keri and let her listen to that one! Then he sang another Christmas song, and then asked if he could sing some Pop songs! I was like. YES PLEASE!!! So he sang The Other Side of Down, Wait, Zero Gravity, and Crush! (p.s. Zero Gravity is my favorite song of his live because everybody is up and dancing to it and it is always so much fun!) Then he talked about his charity event and sang Climb Every Mountain which was so amazing I almost cried!!! Then it was half time, or how they like to call it, intermission, and they showed a video of him talking about the charity and how you can help out by donating! Then he came out and just started to sing Ava Maria, which again, almost made me cry! After that he said how that one was in Latin and asked if anyone spoke latin. For the first time the audience was pretty quite, so I raised my hand and screamed, and then he laughed at me! (thats right, I know how to get his attention!!!) That set the mood for the 2nd half which was all Christmas and all powerful and strong and amazing! He did this cute thing where he had 3 kids come on stage and they told him their favorite part of Christmas, and then he read a poem about "My Kind of Christmas." Then he sang a song in Spanish that he wrote called Fa La La La La. He said the Latinos like to party at Christmas, and if you are just sitting on the couch they will get very mad! The song was all in spanish so of course I didn't know what it was saying, but it was up beat and happy and fun, and he salsa danced during it which made it even MORE FUN!!!
He sang all of the songs on his album that are in a different language. He sang Pat a Pan which has some French in it, and he sang Riu Riu Chiu which is in Spanish I think! And of course the Fa la la la la song! He also sang I Need a Silent Night from Amy Grant. He was so funny when he was explaining that song, how its about those crazy black friday shoppers grabbing at the deals!! (So maybe that doesn't sound funny, but the way he was talking about it was funny, trust me!)
The whole concert I was crossing my fingers wishing that he would sing O Holy Night. He started singing Silent Night, which was good, but I was still waiting for O Holy Night, and guess what song he ended with! I was so happy, that song is one million times better when David sings it live! Its just about the best thing you could ever hear with your own ears! Then he left so we clapped until he came back, and he sang Little Drummer Boy, and then he grabbed some drumsticks and started hitting the bass. Who knew David was such a good drummer, I'm not kidding either! He didn't just hit it, he was like rocking out on it!
Then... the concert was over. I was heartbroken as I am at the end of each one of his shows! But it was such a great night. Yesterday was a tough day at work, and I was not happy with one of my co-workers, and I was annoyed all day. But then we went right from work to dinner in Idaho Falls, and then from there to the concert! It was me and my friend Terra Mitchell, and two of our co-workers, the X-Ray Tech Lisa and the Operations Manager, Tammy, and both of their husbands. So Lisa is friends with a car dealer and told him how we have to get to Blackfoot with 6 people, so he let her "test drive" a van that all of us would fit in! So we could all go together! And then Lisa's husband paid for Terra and my dinners, so that was very nice of him! And then both of the guys were planning how they were going to get David for me, they asked me if they needed to get rope to tie him down or something! At the end of the concert, both of these guys were saying how good he was and thanking me for getting such good tickets (8th row right in the middle!) and for letting them come with me!
I don't expect all of you to have read all my rantings about how much I love David, it was much more for my own remembrance than for everyone to read, but ya... it was the best concert of his I have been to! I almost went an entire year without seeing him. Last time I saw him was December 18th, 2010. We were 9 days away from it being a whole year. So crazy!
Every Christmas for the past 3 years I have seen him! I have come to the conclusion that it wouldn't be Christmas without a David concert! (Man will I be disappointed next year when I'm on my mission and I don't get to see him!)
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment