
For those of you who may be a little confused about whats going on in this picture, let me explain. This is a picture of the fudge I made, and me giving it a thumbs up! I would give it two, but I had to hold my laptop so I could take this picture (my real camera broke so Photo Booth has been my camera lately!)
Let me tell everyone a story... A long LONG time ago, my dad was a teenager! And to impress all the ladies, he would make fudge with his buddies and bring it to the girls.
Flash forward a few decades and my dad is ecstatic one day when he got an email from his buddy that had the recipe to the fudge they made when they were younger. The name of the recipe was "Worlds Greatest Fudge." Since I am a chocolate loving kinda girl, I decided to help my dad out and make the fudge with him. It soon became a Christmas Tradition, something just me and my dad would do! Every year we would tweak the recipe too. Less sugar, more evaporated milk, symphony bars instead of plain hersheys, Ghirardelli chocolate chips instead of the other kinds, and I think one of the best things we did was put it into two pans instead of one, to create twice as much thin fudge than the thick fudge we used to make! Then I would put some on a plate or in a bag and bring them to friends or neighbors. (Some years I even got away with just giving that to my friends as presents! Sneaky sneaky Tara).
So every December the Health Center has people sign up to bring treats in on a different day. And since fudge is my most favorite Holiday treat, I couldn't think of anything else to make! I chose to bring in my treat on Monday, hence the fudge making this weekend! I made two baches, and the first one I forgot to spray the pan, so the actual fudge looks like someone ripped it out of the pan. (which... I DID!) I'm hoping this next batch will smoothly glide out and present itself in the perfect way I know it can! I just love fudge!!!!
*For the recipe, look under my recipes tab at the top of this blog. So far its the only one there, because its the only thing I love enough to post I guess! Maybe one day I will have lots of recipes to share with everyone! Til then, ya'll can make my dads Worlds Greatest Fudge!
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment