Tonight I got to go see Bill Cosby!!! Basically, it was the funniest thing I have ever seen! First thing he does is comment on how he has never had a prayer given before one of his shows, especially when there isn't even food! I don't think he thinks us mormons are very smart... Let me set up something for you in your mind.... His entire act was about men and women and how women basically control everything and men are just kinda there. He started with Adam and Eve. Sometimes he would stop talking and wait for us to finish the sentence for him, so he starts talking about a tree that Adam and Eve were asked not to eat. He goes, "And they were not to eat from the tree of...." and thats when the majority of the audience says, "LIFE." Yes, the tree of life from Lehi's dream is now in the garden of Eden... Of course Bill Cosby didn't know what the tree of life was, and he just looked at us like we were all idiots. He told everyone who said life to stay after the show and read the Bible so they knew what the tree was called! Once we got it cleared up that it was the tree of knowledge... we went on! But then he was talking about when Adam had to name everything, and when he saw his helpmeet, he named her.... and all of us yelled "EVE!" That was the wrong answer too!!! The correct answer was Women. Wow, we kinda stink as an audience! And then there was time when we thought he was pausing to let us finish the joke, but really he was just taking a while to get to the punch line (he's kinda old you know)... when everyone said the punchline before him, he told us to shut up and that he wanted to say it... then he paused again, and said the same thing we had just said! Oh man... the comedy was just fantastic! I was laughing basically nonstop for 2 hours. Even before he started talking I just looked at this old man and started to laugh! I just loved it! I wish I could re-tell all of his jokes, but there were too many and it would just not be the same... If any of you get the chance to see him live, you should do it! He is so hilarious I could hardly stand it!
In other news, tomorrow I have one tutoring appointment, and one class, and then I'm free for a whole week! CALIFORNIA HERE I COME!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment