Sunday, May 11

I Live for the Weekends!!!

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my job... but I LOVE the weekends! In college I always looked forward to the weekends but I still had the daunting homework I had to face sometime and the fact that I had a test to study for, and tons of reading I could be doing... and I never felt like I just had time off until the end of the semester. But now every Friday at 5:00 I am literally FREE until Monday at 8:00, and lets just say I make good use of my time!!!

Last weekend I went to Rexburg, as you may have been able to tell if you follow me on Instagram at all. 

I told my friends how I was going to Insta the whole weekend! It was just such a blast. Friday night I caught up with some old FHE friends of mine that I haven't seen since I've been home. We used to get together and play Monopoly, and it kinda became our little tradition... so when I came to visit that is exactly what we did! It was so fun, except for the fact that I kept landing on what everyone else had just bought, and I only purchased two properties the entire game... so that wasn't so great! 
On Saturday I had a blast just seeing and chilling with everyone. I stayed at my BFF Amy's place, and we went to see our high school friends Alix and Jake... who now have a baby!!! I got to hold little Luke and it was so fun, but then he started to cry and I wasn't sure what to do so I let Jake take over! Then I went to lunch to meet the future in-law. This kid my sister is marrying turned out to be pretty cool. I really can't say anything bad about him at all! They seem so happy so I am really excited for them! Then Amy and I talked for ever that afternoon... sometimes the best things in life are just sitting on your best friends couch talking about life! And then the 2nd best thing is watching Mean Girls! We also went out and got shaved ice because, well... if you remember from my Rexburg days, I was obsessed with them! (See this blog post!)


That night I caught up with one of my favorite roommates, the infamous Brianna Malone. Her and I sure did some crazy fun things back in the day... like create Call Me Maybe music videos... So naturally we had to make another video! It was just like 2 years ago! I love that about best friends, you can go without seeing and talking for so long and pick up right where you left!


And then on Sunday I drove back to Salt Lake with Miss. Emily Palmberg! She was in Idaho and I brought her to Utah! Then Monday morning Noelle Pitcher picked her up, so there we were, Sister Cordner, Sister Pitcher, and Sister Palmberg all together again, for the first time in over a year! That was such a fun treat! We got together a few more times during the week... and then... it was the weekend again!


This weekend I spent Friday night with those two girls at Noelles house! Yay for fun sleepovers with mission companions. And then on Saturday we went to our mission presidents house with another friend from the mission! I could have sat at the Collins table all day and listened to them talk about the mission. That was so much fun!

After our fun reunion I went mini-golfing with my friend. Ever sense I started hanging out with this kid I have never been able to win at anything! He is just so good and always beats me. I thought maybe I would have a chance at mini-golfing since the last time I went was on a Preparation Day on the mission and I destroyed all the elders... I thought wrong! We tied! It was such a close game, we were 6 under par! I was so frustarted that I didn't win, but hey, at least I didn't lose... right?!

Then because I was in Orem already I went over to see my lovely grandparents and to wish my grandma a Happy Mothers Day! It was so much fun to spend time with them!!!

Well there you have it, two of the greatest weekends tied up in one blog post! With pictures and all! Hopefully this wasn't too much for you to read. I figure if you are still reading this its probably because we are either really good friends, or you are just a full on blog stalker... either way I'm cool! Until next time I do something fun that is worth blogging about...

T






0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...