I realized the other day that I'm really not blogging any more. Maybe part of it has to do with the fact that I got in the habit of writing in my journal, so I do that a lot more lately. Maybe part of it has to do with the fact that on the mission I learned how to not tell the entire internet every single detail of my life... Maybe its just that I've been busy lately... I'm not really sure the reason, but it needs to change! I need to be better because I have all those loyal readers (mom and Amy) who are dying to know what I have been doing with my Salt Lake life! So I thought I would use this chance tonight to update all 2 of you who read this!
Well the biggest thing that I've been doing in Salt Lake is working! Thats kinda the reason I moved here, right?! My job is so sweet! I seriously love it. I literally wake up excited to go to work because the people I work with and the job I do. This week we have been creating a game for the staff to play. Its Drivers Ed and everyone gets points for doing the correct action, they have all chosen different cars (from Lightning McQueen to the Batmobile to the Mutt Cutts van from Dumb and Dumber). And throughout the month I get to move them along the course and see who wins! I'm super excited to be apart of this game!
Last week my director had blocked out four hours for us on Thursday afternoon for a "team building activity". She took us all to the aquarium. Thats the kinda job I have. I make up games and play with powerpoints and spend time on IMDB, and I go to the aquarium. Obviously I do other things too... but I only have so much room on my blog to talk about work!
My best friend from Indiana came to visit me for a week earlier last month. She came for conference but while she was here thought she would put her resume out there just to see if there are any takers. Well that girl had two job interviews and got both of them, so after she went back to Indiana she just packed her bags and came straight back here! Its been so fun having her live here in Salt Lake. I wish I could see her more, her job has been keeping her very busy, but its still fun to see her when I can!
In other news... I read Divergent last week, and I'm currently reading the 2nd book. I'm kinda in love with Tobias right now, so thats been a fun little crush I've had lately.
I joined a gym with my friend and now I'm sore... like all the time. Stupid sore muscles. I still don't understand why people like this feeling.
Keri spent the night with me a couple weekends ago. She was on her way to AZ and stayed with me for the day. We went to Provo and saw a Vocal Point concert. I fell in love with one of the singers... but then found out that he just got engaged. So there goes that dream...
Last post I talked about my desk, I often find myself studying there, and it brings me back to the mission and all the great knowledge I got from the scriptures when I actually spent time studying them and asking Heavenly Father for knowledge. That whole "ask and ye shall receive" thing is true doctrine!!!
I went to my mom's bridal shower. (My mission mom that is!) She is getting married the same day as my little sister, so sadly I will be missing Keri's wedding... haha, jk, I will miss Jamisyn's, but it was so good to see her last Saturday and to meet her fiance again.
I love the fact that I live so close to so many different temples. I've had a lot of trips to the SLC temple, but the last couple weeks I have gone to the Jordan River temple. It's a smaller one than Salt Lake for sure, but its easier to get to and the feeling inside is the same! One of these days I will make my way over to Draper and also Oquirh Mountain!
I've seen some friends from the mission. A few sisters and one elder. I love spending time with people I grew to love in Indiana. They make me feel at home!
I have the sweetest roommates in the world. For me randomly finding this apartment to live in, it sure has worked out really nicely.
I sent a package and some letters to Indiana last week. One of my dear friends has a birthday coming up so I thought I would surprise him by sending him a little birthday present. But when we were emailing on his Preparation Day, he told me the Assistant called him and told him my present was there. So much for that surprise.
David Archuleta is home now and he has an instagram as of today, so thats a good thing!
And I'm going to Rexburg tomorrow to see some college friends, Amy and Sean, and to see Keri and meet this future new brother in law of mine. From what I can tell this Justin kid seems pretty cool, but soon I will have actually met him in real life instead of face time life and I can decide then if I'm going to be a fan of his or not! lol... I'm sure I will love him!
Well there you have it. Tara has been home from her mission for almost three months... living in Salt Lake for almost two months... and just updated you with the last month of her life! Hopefully I will be better at blogging again. Now for some pictures...
6 years ago

2 comments:
I love your blog--it is so fun to see what you are now doing with your life!! So you know at least 3 people have read it ;-)
I read it too Tara! Thank you for updating. I am so jealous that you get to meet that Justin kid. You'll have to let me know what you think. But you like Costa Vida better than Cafe Rio... so I'm not sure how much stock I'll put in your judgement.
Post a Comment