Monday, August 16

Am I a grown-up already?

So if turning 18 turns you into an adult, what does being 19 make you? And when do you start being a grown-up? I definably DO NOT feel grown-up! Sure I live away from my parents, I take classes and work all day, I bought myself a car... these are grown-up things I guess, but I do not feel grown. I still love tons of childish things...

I love all the teen-celebrities out there. My favorites include David Archuleta, Demi Lovato, the Jonas Brothers, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Zac Efron, and more.

I love taking naps! (this may be a bad example though, I feel like grown-ups need naps more than children do)

I love doodling, you think someone with a GPA like mine wouldn't sit in class and draw stars, spirals and hearts all over her paper, but I do!

I love going on the swings, the park across the street has swings, and its my favorite just walking over there and swinging.

I love meeting, flirting, and hanging out with boys... one day I will have to choose just one and be with him forever (scary)!

I love calling NOSE GOES when someone needs something done!

I love staying in my pajamas on those days when I don't have to be anywhere or really do anything...

The reason I was thinking about this today is because everything around me makes me feel like I should be an adult. I am wearing my new nice slacks with a nice blouse and a lab coat at work. Children do not typically wear that kind of outfit, nor do they go to work. The eye doctor called me today and said my new contacts were in. Children do not typically make their own eye-appointments and order new contacts. I have to run adult-errands today, like going to the grocery store and the bank. Children do not run these errands alone... Maybe I am doing grown-up like things, but I am so so so not ready to be a grown-up....

3 comments:

B said...

Being a grown-up is being able to handle your own life in a mature way. It has nothing to do with the little things like celebrity crushes or being silly. How lame would adulthood be without keeping the cool stuff from childhood?

Aubrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aubrie said...

All the best grown-ups are kids at heart. The ones that make awesome moms, aunts, grandmas, teachers, and next-door neighbors don't lose their sense of fun and lightheartedness.

Who gets to decide what being "grown up" is, anyway? Are there "grown-up police?" I don't think so! You keep being you! ;D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...