So the very first day of break I was complaining to my friend about how I am going to be bored a lot of the break, and he told me I needed to get some hobbies! What kind of hobbies could I pick up to keep me entertained for the next little bit! I mean I am pretty busy during the day, I wake up around 8, get ready, do some homework, go to class, go to work, and then I'm home by 5. So 8-5 I'm busy, but other than that I don't have a ton going on.
One of my new hobbies started up again the other day when I had to do my laundry. I was going to watch TV and eat ice cream while I waited for my laundry to be done, but instead I sat down at the piano in the lounge and started to play. I forgot how much I like playing! I started with the song Crush. I learned it senior year, you see my dreams were that one day I would be randomly in LA, sit down at a piano and start playing that song. Then David would turn the corner and see me, kind of like a Camp Rock moment when Shane hears Mitchy play. Then David would fall in love with me and the two of us would be married that next day...kind of like in Enchanted, Oh Giselle, we shall be married in the morning!!! Haha, anyway so I played that song again, and then I started playing some hymns that I once learned and tried to teach myself new ones!
My other new hobby is... brace yourself... reading books!!! I know that might sound crazy coming from me... but its the truth! A while back I got Davids book (this blog sure does seem to be about him a lot huh) and I started reading it! I just got it so that he can sign it and I can look at pictures. But during the break I decided to go for it! Then I have been noticing a ton of people talking about the Hunger Games so yesterday at work I googled it, and on google books it comes up! Except they take out random pages. So I got hooked on it while I read the first couple of pages at the office, and I went to WalMart right after that to buy the book. Last night I read it until about 1:00, and then I woke up this morning and read it until about... an hour ago! haha. I literally read it for 10 hours! And I finished it! And now I am going crazy because I can't find the 2nd book anywhere in Rexburg. Part of me wants to drive to IF tonight to buy the 2nd book... but I don't think I will!
In Bride Wars, the blond girl never cries, and than at the end she is like crying a lot. And she says, "Its like a whole new me!" That's what I feel like right now! All my new hobbies are like a whole new me! haha, well not really I guess. I have always known how to play the piano and I have read books before... so anyway, that's what I have been up to! :D
6 years ago

3 comments:
Yay reading and piano! I have ridiculous amounts of both sheet music and books if you'd ever like to borrow any.
i'm not sure if the 2nd book has come out yet... i think, if it hasn't already, its coming really soon... at least thats what someone told me...
I read the first book in the Hunger Game series too and LOVED it! I read it one day! I am currently trying to read the second book but I am having trouble fitting it in. lol. :) But I will let you know when I finish it and then maybe we can talk about the books!! :D
Post a Comment