Wednesday, August 11

Ghosts of Birthdays Past

If you know me, (which I hope you do since you are reading my blog, if not you're a creeper and maybe should stop reading this) then you might know that I love my birthday! Its the real deal for me! I'm getting so excited for tomorrow! The Big 1-9! I CANT WAIT!!! haha, In all honesty, this isn't that big of a birthday, but there is kind of a negative connotation when you tell people up here that you're only 18! I can see where it comes from because some 18 year old college students can act silly, me included, but still, being 19 just sounds so much better! But I did like that I could say, ya I'm a junior, oh and I'm 18... That was kinda fun for a while!

Anyway, I was thinking about my past few birthdays, and wanted to reminisce on them...

15th- It was a Saturday, and there was a Stake Dance that night! My moms present to me was some cash and a trip to the mall! I loved it, I got a lot of cute new clothes and got all ready for the dance that night! And then my friends told the DJ it was my Birthday and they sang to me! Ahhh.... fun times!

16th- I had gotten my cast off 2 days before my birthday. My parents told me that was my birthday present! NO MORE CAST!!! Not quite the present I wanted, but I liked not having the cast. It was a Sunday on my birthday and when I got home from church, my best friend Amy had snuck into my house and decorated my room. Like hard core decorations. Pink streamers and more pink balloons than I have ever seen! What a sweetheart she is! Then later that day my parents pulled me aside and said, hey, we need to talk... I thought I was getting in trouble on my birthday, instead they asked me if I was interested in a trip to Europe for the next summer! UM, HECK YES!!!
Who would turn that down?!?! The next day I got 16 balloons from my friends at school, and my dad picked me up and took me to the DMV to get my license! Good times!

17th- My senior year had JUST started, and I needed a job, badly! What a hard first few weeks of school it was looking for a job. I had an interview on my birthday, so lame! So since I was an awesome senior and had a half day at school, I had a lunch party for my friends and me. It was Hannah Montana themed! And no, I wasn't and am still not ashamed of that! It was awesome. We had pizza and cake, and then I opened presents from my friends! I miss them a ton! After the party I scurried off to the interview, which I bombed, and then came home and ate some more cake! :D

18th- This probably SHOULD be the most exciting, but it was just kind of another day. My parents were both out of town, and Amy was gone somewhere too... I went to work where I wore a princess crown all day, and then my boss paid for me to go out to lunch with all my coworkers. We went to Barros, which I just put together is what pizza I ate on my 17th. Then when I got off work, Keri was at home as cute as ever. She had drawn me a picture of all the fun things I can do now that I am 18! I loved it. Then I called my friends Morgan and Staci, and us with Keri went to dinner at the yummy Italian place behind my subdivision.

And for the future...
19th- AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! I am going to go to my class in the morning, take a mid-term (blah) and then go to IF to pick up my parents at the airport. Then we are going straight to the Honda dealership where I will buy myself the best birthday present ever! A CAR!!! I can't wait, I think I am going to name it Clive... :D Then my parents and I are going to go to The Olive Garden, and then play Settlers of Catan, and then my friend with a movie projector is going to show Sherlock Holmes on the side of a building and we are all getting together to watch it! Then on Saturday, Party at the Dunes!!! :D

So ya, I love my birthdays! Thanks mom for giving me a birthday! LOVE YA!!!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...