That is how long it had been since I saw my Yuba City best friend Lauren Kent. I left Yuba City, California on August 11, 2003 (the day before my golden birthday) I left all my friends and moved to the desert. (Not exactly what I wanted for my birthday!)
Well earlier last week my good friend Lauren (Kent) Madsen wrote on my facebook wall. I messaged her with my number and told her we should get together. So later I got a text from her, and we planned to meet up for lunch on Saturday. Later she asked if Janessa Tenney could come, and of course I said yes! So I woke up Saturday all giddy and excited for a catch up lunch with two of my best friends from an old life I had.
12 hours after lunch, I got home! We spent the whole day together. About 3 and a half hours just sitting at Subway talking about everything we remember from elementary school to how Lauren met her husband! In the middle of her story about her hubby, Lauren stopped and said, "You don't have glasses anymore!!!" I laughed and was like, ya I got contacts! hahaha... It was so much fun we didn't want it to end. So we got ice cream and went back to Laurens apartment. We got all our homework done together, we ate dinner together, we watched some House together, and then we went to a bonfire! It was one of the best Saturdays I have had this semester!
It is so amazing that we still had so much in common after all these years. We were 11 year old girls and didn't have a care in the world. And now we are all grown up and still are really good friends! I went into the day thinking that we would have lunch and then maybe casually see each other around campus or something, but we decided that we need to be real friends again! We already started planning our next date! We are so excited!!! It has been way too long and we still have so much to catch up on!
We also planned a cruise that we are going on sometime in the near to far future... We just need to get our other best friend April to join us! Then it will be the best YC reunion EVER!!!
The only thing that has really changed is what we look like. She is now super blonde! She told me I look just like a grown up version of myself (not sure what that means!) She did say I looked a lot hotter now than I did when I was 10! haha!!!
This was the last picture I found of me in Yuba City!
And this is just one of my favorite pictures! haha
7 years ago

1 comments:
do... um... This is super sweet and all! and I facetimed you guys that day (well you facetimed me) anyway, i think i should go on this cruise... I lived in YC. and I love you... ok! just think about it! love ya! MMWWAAA!
Post a Comment