I can not even tell you how fantastic this week turned out to be! It started with a lot of rain and a little bit of happiness. (If you know me, one thing that I really hate is the rain, it just ruins all happiness in my opinion!) So Monday and Tuesday were non-stop rain and I did NOT appreciate it. But then, something amazing happened. I was walking to class from work on Wednesday and I realized that I needed to get something from my apartment, so I run home and I leave my jacket there. It was nice enough outside that I didn't need a jacket on! That hasn't happened since... last August! haha... So I'm walking around Wednesday just with short sleeves and I'm thinking to myself... dang, I love life right about now!
So here is where the real fun part of the story begins...
Its Thursday, I attend all 5 of my classes, and its approximately 1:50 p.m. So I go to the crossroads and get myself a sandwich and a bag of doritios and I walk to work. I get to work just before 2 and I see tons of people leaving the office. I'm really confused, because I saw the physicians, the administrator, and the medical assistants leave, but I didn't see any receptionists leaving. So I go to my desk and sit down. Pull up the schedule and there are no patients scheduled until 4! There was an all employee meeting that everyone had to go to, so they closed the office. But all the receptionists were still working. I didn't want to be the annoying girl always asking for time off so I didn't say anything about leaving early. But my supervisor says, Tara do you want to go home early? And I'm like... YA! Of course! Like now? And she says, ya, take the rest of the day off!!! So I clock out and hang around until I'm done eating lunch, and then I go take the test I was planning on taking that evening, and then I get home, and its like 3:30. So here I am, home super early, and it is just a beautiful day! I lie down on my bed and ask myself out loud, what should I do? My roommate answered me telling me to go to the park to do homework! So I pack up my backpack, get in my car, roll the windows down, and drive Christine to Porter Park. I find a nice place in the sun next to my other roommate doing her homework there, and I just crank out my homework! When I get back in my car 2 hours later, Sheryl Crow is singing to me as she says, "I'm.... gonna soak up the sun..." So I blast the song and sing at the top of my lungs as I drive back to my apartment.
Then Friday comes along and I have a great afternoon! I got off work at 3:30, went to the farmers market with my friends, and then went out to dinner, and then came home and watched Tangled! Then we stayed up really late (well they stayed up, I think I fell asleep around 11 or so) and just had a super fun night! Today I am going to meet up with Lauren and we are going to go see Something Borrowed! And want to hear the best part of all... I'm not doing homework this weekend! Because I DON'T HAVE ANY!!! (well I do... just none that is due on Monday... haha)
So I ask you this question... Can life get any better? I submit that it cannot!!!
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment