Wednesday, May 11

Checklist

Every single day of my life I make a mental to-do list! While I'm getting ready for bed I like to go through it and check things off:

Did I say my prayers today?
Did I read my scriptures?
Did I go to the gym? (Usually this is a... oh dang it, followed by a... I guess I will just try again tomorrow! haha)
Did I finish all my homework due tomorrow?
Did I tell somebody that I love them?
Did I write in my journal? (Also followed by a... well, I will just write tomorrow!)
Did I tidy up my room?
Did I take time for myself? (Best way for me to take time to myself is to watch one of my shows on Hulu!)
Did I laugh? - I still have yet to come across a day (in my memory) that I haven't laughed!

Did I have a good day?

My roommate asks me every night (usually RIGHT as I'm falling asleep) what my best day ever was! And that just means what the best part of my day was. I noticed at the beginning of the semester almost every one was when I saw a certain person. Then I realized... am I really basing the goodness of my days on if I saw a certain boy that day! How lame is that?!?! Answer: SO LAME! So I decided early on this semester that I was going to take control on wether or not my day is good, regardless of if I saw a boy or not. So I go through this check list, and pretty much if I do all of these things, then my answer to the last one is always yes! Except sometimes I feel guilty for not doing the third thing on my list. Its a really hard thing to do!

Point is: YOU CAN control if your day is going to be good! Just make your own checklist of things that make your day good, and follow it! I'm not gonna lie, basically if numbers 1 and 2 are done, my day is good. Its funny how something so simple can change your attitude. Last semester (or as I like to call it the dark Winter of 2011) I found myself slipping on numbers 1 and 2... well mostly 2, but ya, I was in a bad mood more than 75% of the time. Therefore I made it a priority this semester, and even though I have not been perfect, I most defiantly have seen a difference!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...