I got a new job today, technically it is an internship, but its a lot better than an internship! Its a full time paid job working as the Operations Lead at the health center! They have never had middle management at the health center before, and one of the Doctors that works there just made three new positions open up for students in the middle management area. So of course I applied, had an interview last Friday, and got one of the positions today! Its not the position I applied for, but the Doctor told me this position was harder. He said they really needed me to be the Operations Lead! So I agreed to taking it and I let my supervisor know that I wouldn't be a receptionist in the Fall. I'm a little confused as of right now what my day to day job will look like. I know I will be working 8 hours a day between the hours of 8 to 5. They said I might need to learn how to work in the back just in case they need someone in the back, so I might be getting some training in Medical Assisting!!! As the operations lead I will be working in between the doctors and the students. My current supervisor will now report to me, which I think is going to be really weird! I'm going to be getting paid more than I have ever earned before, so I'm really excited to save up lots of money for Grad School, since I haven't been the best at saving my part-time job money. I will start working sometime this summer. They want me to start the week before school starts, but since I will be at the SHC all summer as a receptionist, I might get a head start on some of my work then! I filled out some paperwork today to get it approved as my internship. Once its approved I will drop the classes I originally signed up for and postpone them until the Winter. So my new plan is Fall-Internship, Winter-Full Semester of classes, Spring- 3 classes I have left over, July 2012- GRADUATE!!! Thats in 54 weeks my friends! I graduate in 54 short weeks... oh no, then I have to be a real person... I'm not sure if I'm ready for that! Good thing I have 54 long weeks until that happens! Yay for plans changing and for being excited about them!!!
6 years ago

1 comments:
Congrats Tara! That's such an exciting internship--you get to stay in Rexburg and everything!
Post a Comment