Tuesday, October 4

BYUIC

Tonight I cleaned the BYU-I Center, or the BYUIC (sounds like Buick). Lots of people just call it the I-Center, but when I hear that I think of an eye doctor, so for the most part I just call it the BYU-I Center! Anyway, this building is AMAZING!!! It has a conference room where devotional is held each week which seats 15,000 people. (Only 6,000 less than the conference center.) And in the same building there is a huge gym that has 10 full size basketball courts on it that can be separated for 10 different games (basketball/volleyball/indoor soccer/badminton/etc...). It is the biggest building in all of Madison County. I'm not quite sure what this beautiful building of huge magnetism is doing in little ole Rexburg, but I sure love it!

Every Tuesday they have devotional in it. And today I learned that every Tuesday night they clean it! I mean they have regular student janitors that are always cleaning the bathrooms and other parts, but we cleaned the whole conference room in it today! I was one of the lucky ones with a vacuum. Since it is such a special room, they have reverent vacuums. There was probably 20 going but you really couldn't hear them. They are backpacks (think of ghost busters) and they just suck up the gross skin cells on the chairs left by all the worthy devotional goers! I cleaned an entire section on the bottom, one on the middle layer, and two on the top! Basically I was vacuuming chairs for 2 hours! But it was such an amazing experience. I am really glad I signed up to do it last Relief Society. There wasn't nearly enough people there, but it was really cool!

I couldn't find a picture facing out, so you can't see all 15,000 seats, but you can imagine if this is the front and there are two balcony levels just how amazing this building is! Honestly, if you come to Rexburg, go here and find some senior missionaries to give you a tour. Because they will, and they will tell you some amazing stories about how excited the President Hinckley was about building this place! So cool!!!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...