Today in Relief Society, someone quoted Sister Dalton. "Make a list of things you will always do, and make a list of things you will never do. Then live those lists."
Well first thing on that list is: Never go to a haunted house EVER AGAIN!!!
Yesterday was my first experience in a haunted house. I was just lying in bed watching The Last Song (since I had JUST finished the book) when my neighbors Aubrey and Brooke came by. Brooke was very sweet as she tricked me into going to Dr. Slaughters. I finally agreed to go just because I didn't want to be a loser on a Saturday night, but man do I wish I hadn't. We picked up our friend Josh since none of us wanted to go without a guy, and made our way over to Idaho Falls. 2 and a half hours later, we were at the front of the line to get in. Lets just say as impatient as I was, waiting in line was the best part of the whole evening. Then we got in...
Basically, Josh went first, with my holding on to him for dear life, while Brooke was twisting my arm as she held my hand behind me, and Aubrey was behind her. I would push Josh to go faster when I knew something scary was about to happen, and then when someone did jump out at me, I basically stopped where I was and screamed! SO LOUD! I would almost fall over sometimes I was so scared. Poor Josh, I think I about killed him! One time though, he let go of me right as a chainsaw guy came after us. Lets just say I was NOT HAPPY at him! That entire house probably took us 20 to 30 minutes to go through. It felt like 3 hours though. I have never been so scared in my entire life.
I didn't speak much on the ride home because I had lost my voice from all the screaming. Then... when I thought it was all over... I got home. I walk into my apartment and the light in the living room was on, but all the other lights were off. I saw that Julie wasn't in her room, but I also saw that my door was closed and the light was off. I was a little confused, because I figured Julie was probably in my room with Tamazine, but our light was off. (Oh, and I was about a half hour late for curfew, since we didn't get out of the haunted house til midnight anyway.) I open my door and see 2 figures just standing in the dark in front of me. I reach for the lights and its just Tamazine and Julie. As you can imagine, I freaked out and screamed again! As they begin to ask me what time it was, I started to cry. And not just like, oh tears are coming out, like I was sobbing, grasping for air, and weeping. For a solid 5 or so minutes I was inconsolably crying. They felt bad and hugged me, got me some water, sat next to me... but nothing was helping. I was crying harder than I ever have. It took me so long to calm down from what had just happened. It was a combination of being really tired, scared earlier, and then scared again. When they asked me what was going on, I just told them I was so scared!!!
I laid down in bed and kept the lights on, which Tamazine eventually turned off, and I just tried to calm down. I was breathing heavier than ever, I was still super jumpy, and I was straight up scared. So... lesson learned! I am never going to go to a haunted house ever again!
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment