Tuesday, October 25

Iron Man, again...

I know what you are all thinking... dang this chick blogs A LOT! Well it has somewhat to do with the fact that I don't have a ton of other things to do, and the fact that even though I blogged 2 days ago, Tamazine told me I needed to update my blog again! So here we are, at another blog update from Tara!

As some of you may recall, my school does a lazy man iron man once a semester! This is a month that you have to run 26 miles, bike 112, and swim about 3. I accomplished this in Spring 2010! It also was when I was taking a class that required me to work out 5 times a week, so I was in pretty good shape that semester. I tried again in Winter 2011. I was in goodish shape then, but I got sick towards the end of the month and didn't ever finish it. Well here I am, Fall 2011... probably the most out of shape I have been in all my college years, and I am attempting to do it again! How crazy is that! Here's how it went down.

Rachel, "Tara, the iron man started today, so we are working out after FHE."
Me, "Ummm... I have to do laundry then."


after finishing my laundry and feeling really guilty...

Me, "Rachel, are you still going..."

So we got all signed up last night and are going again as soon as Rachel finishes her homework assignment. I decided to keep a tally on my blog like I have done in the past just to make myself more accountable to all my loyal readers (mom) and to help me remember where I'm at and how much further I have to go.

Biggest thing about me starting to work out again. I decided I can't do it with the entire goal to lose weight. What has happened to me repeatedly in the past is that I work really hard to lose weight, never see any progress, and quit. Well my purpose this time has changed. Losing weight will be an advantage, but I really want to be in shape for 1) Snowboarding season, and 2) My mission!

1) Going snowboarding for an entire day when you are out of shape is pretty miserable. As much as I love snowboarding, I would hate to not get the best out of it because I am too fat and tired for it.

2) Rachel brought up a good point while we were at the gym. I am going to be a full time missionary soon, and I don't want to be huffing and puffing just from walking down the street. I want to be in shape so that I can ride a bike all day, or walk around all day! I want to look healthy for when I'm teaching people about the Word of Wisdom. I want to be an example of one who can run and not be weary!!!

So here is to me starting over! Its going to be a long road... but I'm just going to take one day at a time. Also, Rachel has forbidden me to eat out or drink soda while doing the lazy man. Today was day 1 of that since I did both yesterday. Lets just say nothing is worse than my want for a coke zero. I did have some crystal light today! I just have to pretend that that stuff is just as good! *Ya right!

2 comments:

nattapatta said...

I'm so proud of you! I love your new perspective on being in shape. I need to change my perspective. I want to work out a couple of times and see the weight fall of right then and there... and it doesn't. I want to be in shape so that I can chase Abby around and be a fun mom! I miss you! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!! Would you run the 2 mile turkey trot with me? PLEASE!

Amy said...

3rd reason: my wedding!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...