Friday, February 7

December 23, 2013

This week has been one of the BEST WEEKS EVER!!! They always are, but this week was especially good!

The Bontragers are my favorite people. She was the HQ referral we got our first week here. I'm pretty sure I was sent to Rochester when I was to teach her. She is my favorite thing about the area. We had a sweet dinner and lesson with them on Tuesday, they came to the branch party on Friday... they stayed and helped clean up, they basically are members already. (well Brother Bontrager is a member... he has a heart problem and at the party he asked the Elders for a blessing! So cool!) And then they came to church on Sunday! They came two weeks ago to, and last week they didn't because of the weather but they were so sad they couldn't come. In one of our lessons this week she expressed to us how she has been feeling like she has been in the wrong church! That was huge! She knows she needs the truth, and she is seeking it! And finding it! They are going to have us over tomorrow (Christmas eve) for dinner and a lesson. We are going to watch Joy to the World with them and invite her to baptism, again. We invite her almost every time. But she thinks she already was baptized and made a covenant, so she doesn't yet see the reason she need to be baptized again, but we are working on it!

Thursday we had a Christmas Conference with the whole mission. It was a lot different than I expeceted it. Instead of a zone conference type feeling that the last years conference was, this was more of a party type feeling. We had about a 2 hour training on Christlike attributes with a lot of musical numbers intermixed... and then that was it for the spiritual side. We had a big lunch, played some games, took pictures, watched a talent show (which was so good! Indiana missionaries are the best people in the whole world!!!) and then we watched Mr. Kreugers Christmas and got presents from our family! Don't worry mom and dad, I haven't opened all the presents you sent me! I am being good!!!! The conference got over so late that night, we didn't have time to drive all the way back, so we spent the night in Kokomo with the sisters who drove us down, and then we made our way back Friday morning. The conference was so fun, it was probably the last time I will see most of my friends. I was informed through email today that I will be staying in Rochester next transfer with Sister Barrett, so I won't have another transfer meeting to go to. We have two mission leadership councils left and then thats it... so it was kinda emotioanlly draining because I did say goodbye to a lot of people. Ah, I love the people I've met on the mission, this has been the best decision I have ever made!!!

I love Christmas! There is so much Spirit going on everywhere. I hope everyone continues to use what they have left of their christmas season to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ. "After all that has been said, the most important thing is to spread the gospel" -Joesph Smith (don't take those quote literally, I can't rmeember exaclty what he said but it was something like that!!! haha!).

I love you all so much! Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night! haha.

And to my familia, TALK TO YOU SOON!!!!!

Sister Cordner

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...