President Cleveland has set a standard of excellence that we should all be achieving... and when we got double transferred into the area, we were no where close to getting it. We are supposed to be teaching 20 lessons a week... we were maybe getting 10-12. But this week we had miracles. The mission did a mission fast for finding. It included a few steps that we did all week long. We studied finding every day, said an extra prayer before we left the apartment that was solely on aligning our will with Heavenly Fathers so we can be more spiritually in tune to who He wants us to be seeing. We did a lot more finding activities than we have been doing, and then of course we fasted on Sunday! We found 4 sweet new people to teach, and taught a total of 19 lessons! That was pretty awesome for White River!!! With the new people and the ones we will be finding this week, we are hoping to reach that goal he has set for us.
We had the coolest experience yesterday at a less-actives home. She told us when we found her that she would have us over for dinner sometime, so we asked her if she would feed us yesterday, and she did. Our lesson was going to be on baptism and what her baptism covenant meant, but we prefaced it a little with faith and repentance. Then she starts to cry and says,"I know what you are saying, I need to do..." and then she starts listing off the stuff that the Spirit was teaching her. I love being a missionary because even though I'm the one speaking words, the Spirit is the one teaching... and it is SO COOL when you see others feel and hear the Spirit. She knows what she needs to be doing now, not because Sister Cutler and I told her... but because the Spirit did!!!
None of our investigators are progressing right now. It was kinda a sad Sunday, we expected 4 or 5 of them to come to church, and no one did. But it was still a great day at church. The Spirit was so strong. I bore my testimony on the work and the gospel. I cried a little in Relief Society just because the Spirit was so wonderful!!! I can't even put into words how much I love my calling. Its the best thing I have ever done with my life! I love it so much!!!
Talk to you all next week, have a great week!

0 comments:
Post a Comment