Friday, February 7

January 8, 2014

Dear Everyone,

This past week has been a week I will get to tell my future family about! I never thought I would see the day where the high in temperature was -8*. The windchill being MUCH MUCH colder than that. You know your life has been a little turned around when you are excited to see temperatures in the 10s. It was 19 this morning and we were so excited! Our zone leaders told us how it was nice and warm today so we could go and work, and we agree! Its above 0, its WONDERFUL!!!

Okay, let me start with last week. Leaving Rochester was harder than I thought it was going to be. We spent Tuesday running around saying goodbye and having amazing lessons with everyone we know. Leaving the Bontragers was really hard. I know the Elders coming into Rochester though and I told them how I needed them to take care of them, so hopefully they are well loved by the new missionaries.

Wednesday was a crazy day, we got everything packed and ready to go and drove to Fishers for the meeting. I knew ahead of time that I would be a junior companion, so it wasn't a shock for me. But when President announced that sisters would be opening a new area in White River, he called Sister Cutler... and her junior companion will be Sister Cordner! I jumped up and gave her a hug and I think everyone was a little confused! But it was been the best being a junior companion! We have had such a great week together. I did an exchange with Sister Cutler last transfer. She was trained by a sister I trained, Sister Mumford! So they say in the mission that my granddaughter is killing me. We are having a blast together, she is one of the funniest companions I've had. We just laugh all the time!!!

Thursday-Saturday was a lot of trying to meet members and learn our way around the area. We met with the WML and a few other people. The Elders in the area helped us to know how the area was split and who we would be teaching. We have one family, the Cunninghams. They are dry mormons. They have a daughter who is a member and everytime they see her she gives them another book to read. He has read Jesus The Christ and is reading it again! But they have a hard time accepting the Book of Mormon. So we will be meeting with them and helping them accept it, and then they can be baptized before I go home! Thats the plan anyway! haha.

My district has been giving me grief for dying soon. I think this will be a fun group of elders to be with for my last transfer. They are great and we have had a lot of fun together.

So while we were meeting people on Saturday, all people were talking about was the bad weather we were supposed to be having. They told us not to go out on Sunday-Tuesday. We were started to get a little worried. Church got cancelled, and we legitimattely had 2 snow days, where we couldn't work. Sunday it just snowed ALL day long. I didn't even know the sky could hold that much snow. It was crazy. Then Monday morning looked like a beautiful morning, but the high was so low... and the low was even lower... and it was bad. We thought the cars were gounded on Monday but the zone leaders let us know that we could go to the church. So we spend the entire day Monday at the church playing sports with the elders. And then we went to find someplace to eat but almost everything was closed. We finally found a Denny's that was open so we ate there and then went back to hibernate. Yesterday we tried to email but everything was still closed. We did get our shopping done yesterday though, and today the libraires are open so we finally get to email!

All I want to do my last transfer is work super hard and find someone to baptize. Its been really hard with the weather, but I have faith that it will warm up soon enough and we will be able to work hard. My companion and I love the area. We live just west of the 465. So in my year and a half misison, I have spent 4 months just south of the 465, 4 months north of the 465, and now 6 weeks west of it! Never will make it to the east side, but if you know anything about the east side of Indy... its probably for the better I don't venture over there. The ward is mostly in the innercity. We have skyscrapers and everything. but our area is the outside of the innercity. Still city and still kinda sketchy and fun, but not as sketchy as the elders area. But we do have some less active single sisters we will be working with in those sketchier areas! WOOT WOOT! I'm so excited!!!

Besides telling you that my toes are probably never going to be warm again... I don't have much else to say! I'm excited to see you all soon! But I'm excited to have the next 5 weeks to work hard in the city I love! I'm going to miss Indy so much when I'm home! Oh man I can't even think about leaving this place! Until next week,


Sister Cordner

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...