Well I am offically on week 5 of the transfer, which means that next week will be week 6.... and then thats it. That is all of my weeks!!! Words can't even describe the emotional roller coaster I have been going through. I am going to miss Indy so much, I love the people in this area, and I'm going to miss all my missionary friends like crazy... but there are also SO many people at home that I love and miss terribly, and missionary friends who have gone on before me, and so much that I want to do at home.... so I'm really expereincing what the phrase Bitter-Sweet means!
This week has been wonderful! I did something for the first time this week in my whole mission. I went on an exchange with a Sister Training Leader!!! She is so great, Sister Roundy. She is my great-granddaughter. She was trained by Sister Hain who was trained by Sister Guy who was trained by me! All of this happening in the Lafayette 3rd ward. So of course we had a lot in common starting our first 6 months of our mission in the best area ever! And then we just went to work. She is working in the most coveted area, Indy YSA. I have only wanted to serve there my WHOLE mission!!! But I'm not jealous. We had district meeting in the morning and then her and I went to teach a LA that is actually in my area, but then we spent the rest of the day on campus. We give the zone leaders a hard time because they work on campus and are only teaching girls. So I made a goal (to mock the goals they make of contacting 2 blondes and 2 brunettes) to contact a boy that would be interested. As we are walking on campus, I look behind me and see this really tall guy with a Colts hat on. I just start talking to him about the colts, we walk together for a bit, and before you know it we are inside talking about the Book of Mormon and a bunch of other doctrine. We had a great talk and we invited him to learn more. I'm so jealous of the sisters who get to teach on campuses. There are so many prepared people there. My short time on campus we talked with a lot of people and had a few lessons. It was so sweet!!! Then that night we went to Institue. That was really werid because I was just thinking the whole time how in a few weeks I could be in an institue classroom for real, without my tag on! And now I can be one of those annoying people who start every comment I make with, "When I was on my mission..." I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
My Sister Training Leader is so cute, shes been out for almost 8 months now. She told me she was scared to go on an exchange with me, but felt like she needed to! We had a great time together and we both learned a lot!
We had the sweetest lesson with the Thompsons yesterday. We showed then the apostasy cups, and the 14 year old boy asked his mom (the less active member) if the church they are going to has 12 Apostles. She said no and he said that he then wanted to go to this church! hahaha! The truth will get ya, every time!!! That family has become some of my best friends in Indy! I am excited to be facebook and real friends with them after the mission so I can continue to help them grow in the Gospel while the sisters help them here!!! They are so wonderful!!!
I love my companion, we are having a blast together. What a blessing it has been to serve with her at the end of my mission!!! I love every part of the work right now, except of course the freezing weather. There have been days where I just want to cry because of how cold it is. And then I think about how warm it is in Arizona... I'm going to melt once I get home! I can't wait though. I am excited to feel warm again!
Well I love you all! I will continue to let you know how much I love this place for all of 2 weeks and then I will call you to tell you more! hahaha! Have a great week,
Sister Cordner

0 comments:
Post a Comment