After the crazy weather that we had last week, the 30s and the 40s have just been beautiful temperatures to live in! I love being new to an area because everybody has been asking me where I am from, and when I tell them Arizona they usually all just laugh! Its been a great winter though, I really can't complain too much. The thing about good ol Indiana is that as soon as its miserable, the weather changes. Its not like Rexburg where it got cold and stayed cold for months!!! I love it in the City. Indy is where it is at! We have just had a blast this week.
I had a bit of a cold so that wasn't the best, but we did meet a lot of people and worked really hard. I am really excited about one family. Ryan Thompson (former baseball player, you can probably look him up) is married to a less active member. We are having dinner with them this week and will be watching the Restoration with us. He wanted us to come over and play video games and watch other movies ( He says he always tries to trick the elders into doing that with him) and we told him we had a great movie about Joseph Smith and he said he would watch it! They are great friends with an amazing active family and this man told him that he would send their family good looking Sister Missionaries so Ryan would want to sit down and listen to us! So Ryan calls his friend when we are there to tell him that we passed and that we are cute! haha. And then he gave his friend a hard time because we could hug his wife but not him! They are the funniest family. I feel like they are the reason I'm in Indy! You know when the Spirit just tells you something and you just know it! That is how I felt at their house. I'm really excited to see where things go with them!
Church was so great. The ward has about 500 on the roster, and maybe 70 people were there... so there is a lot of work to be done. But those that were there are just wonderful. There is a family who has a daughter on a mission so naturally they love us. They have fed us a couple of times and she has come out with us to visit less actives. She is the YW President and wants us to help her a lot with the less active YW. We are just so excited to work in this area.
I can't even express my love for the city. I love skyscrapers, I love people who just walk across super busy streets, I love the huge buses, I love being so close to everything, and I just love Indiana!!! This has been such a blessing to be transferred here. I love my district. The elders here are great friends with me and they like to tease me about how I will be dying soon... I'm basically already dead to them... but I'm not going without a fight. I have a solid 4 weeks to work hard and I'm so excitd to do it! I love it here so much!!!
Yesterday we went to a Why I Believe Fireside and Sister Kelly spoke at it. She was baptized in Carmel in October. I miss her so much, it was so fun to see her and her family yesterday! And I got to see a lot of people from Indy 1st ward! I love serving right in the middle of two of my favorite places, I get to see all sorts of loved ones!
I love you all, sorry this email is shorter! Have a great week and I will talk to you soon!!
Sister Cordner

0 comments:
Post a Comment