Dear everyone!!!
Another great week has come and gone in the great city of Indianapolis! I am just so filled with joy for being in the city again! Heavenly Father sure does know what He is doing when He calls missionaires! The hardest thing is the thought of leaving in a few weeks... I am not handling this as well as I would have hoped. Its actually been a pretty hard last transfer as I mentally prepare myself for what is to come. I'm really excited to see everyone and to be home and to take what I've learned from the mission and apply it to real life, but I am nervous! And sad. I will miss it here more than I have ever missed anything, I'm sure of it!!!
So this week just went great! I love my companion, we are just best friends! We had a succesful week of finding people, as we found 4 new people to teach! Thats a high number for this mission, sadly enough! But they are 4 pretty solid people and we are excited. One of the guys is our neighbor and he asked us a while ago if we were mormons. So we said yes and set up a "bible study". He said he would let us lead it... so we went on to teach him the Restoration. He had lived in Provo on a job once, and he knows about the church. He knew most of what we had to say, but he listened. When I got to the Book of Mormon, I told him that this Book was the fruit of Joseph Smith's being a prophet, and "by their fruits ye shall know them". Then the coolest thing happened. I asked him if he would read the Book of Mormon, and he paused... he said he was going to say no, but that I made a good point. The Mormon church has a lot of good fruits... (I didn't say that, the Spirit did!) So he is going to read it and pray about it, and we are meeting him again this week! I love those teaching moments when I feel like I am actually following the Spirit fully and He is the one doing the teaching. That is how I felt in his lesson!!!
We had another really great Resto lesson with these two sisters. They aren't attending a church and just the thought of a prophet made them say, "WOW!" And not in a sarcastic, I don't beleive it way... but in a sincere... how come I have never heard of this before way! I am really excited to teach them so more!
We do work a lot with the ward here! There are over 400 less active members. Our ward roster is over 500 people and I counted less than 90 at church... so our work is cut out for us. I figured LAs are a great way to find new people to teach, because most of them are part-member families. So we have been working with some famillies where one person is a member and we are trying to teach the whole family! Keep the people of Indy in your prayers! I love them so much and I love teaching them!!!
Exciting news from the Carmel area! I started to teach someone named Ashley there just a few weeks before I got transfered. We invited her to be baptized our first lesson and she said yes, the 2nd lesson we gave her a date, and she said yes! Well this weekend she is getting baptized! She has continued to meet with the sisters since I have left and has just gotten answer upon answer that this church is true! She met with Jehova Witness's for over 4 years, and met with us for about 2 months!!! I know she will be an amazing member of the church and I am so excited for her to be baptized. Sad that I won't be there but still excited nonetheless!!!
Good things are happening in Indiana!!! And all over the world I assume, but I only really know about this place! Even when the weather wants to bring me down, I manage to find happiness in the work that I have been called to do! I love it here so much!!!
I pray that all of you will continue to find happiness in this cold winter! If you need a source to look towards, missionary work sure does bring a ton of it!!! I love it so much! Have a great week everyone, I love you!!!
Sister Cordner

0 comments:
Post a Comment