Sunday, February 16

Remember That One Time I Served a Mission...

The title I think sums it up pretty well... I served a mission! Past tense. Its over! I can hardly believe it. It was the slowest 17 months of my life, but also the fastest. It was the hardest, but also the funnest. It was the saddest, but also the most rewarding.... Wow. I'm about to get all sorts of cliche on this blog. Be ready for sap!

I don't even know how to sum up my mission in a single blog entry. Luckily my mom posted my emails for the last year and a half so my mission is on here if you want to read it! But if all you want is a sum up, here it is...

I always knew that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints was the true church on the earth. I gained my testimony as a youth in seminary and through mutual, and I had a pretty solid foundation of the truth. What I learned on my mission was that there is a much deeper meaning to the "church being true." I finally understood why we needed a restoration, what Joseph Smith truly did for us. But most important, I gained a conversion to living the Gospel of Christ so that I can be cleansed from sin through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ established His church when He was on the Earth, and after He ascended up to Heaven, the church was lost. Joseph Smith simply brought back Christ's church in its entirety. Thats what it means to be true. This is God's Kingdom on the earth today.... true statement!

That doesn't even begin to cover what I've learned on my mission, but that is a start.

Now into the real life... I'm going to try to be a normal person now. Hopefully everyone will get a few kicks and giggles out of me struggling to be a grown up! I have plans to tell you all about it. I am actually really excited to be back and blogging again! So be ready blogging world... TARA IS BACK!!!



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...